W211 satnav command

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Razasghar

Car
Mercedes e class w211 2008
Hi all

Im new to this forum site..i have just bought myself a 2008 w211 e320 CDI

Chassis number: WDB2110222B349264

When i press the satnav on my command unit i get a message saying satnav unavailable or something like that

I was given a europe cd for the satnav i went to the back left side of the boot to insert the disk and to my horror the unit in the boot is missing..there is wiring there but no unit..see pic

I bought the car privately sold as seen so im not very happy right now

Is this easily replaceable and what is the part number for this unit and where can i get one from..someone please help

Thanking u all in advance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 20
I thought the 10th digit of the VIN was supposed to denote year of build (2002)?

Defo a 2008 so that theory obv wrong...

Thanks for the response...wow thats alot of money

I've seen the nav units sell for around £200, so not too bad. The other option is to replace the Comand with the more modern NTG 2.5 unit, but it's going to cost you around £1k to do that. You'd have a much better nav system in the end though and you could sell the older Comand unit on Fleabay.

When i buy used i give the car a good inspection, how could you of missed the Nav drive?

Look on the bright side, it's a relatively cheap fix!

I have a Nav Drive that would just slot in the empty space that I bought on Ebay as a testing unit as I thought mine was not working. Spent £240, was delivered today and hasn't solved my problem of the unit thinking its in Oxford even with the latest Nav disc. Let me know if you want it, it took me 3 weeks to find one as they're like rocking horse droppings
You can get me on 07581 264554, cheers Dale

I thought the 10th digit of the VIN was supposed to denote year of build (2002)?

Thats a US format used mainly on US vehicles. On Mercedes (apart from those destined for USA), 10th digit is 1 for left hand drive and 2 for right hand drive. Following letter is the factory. Next 6 digits are the unique number for that model which is defined by digits 4-6. 7 is body style, 8.9 is the engine variant

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom