W211 satnav

Discussion in 'Parts, Maintenance & Servicing' started by Razasghar, May 2, 2013.

1. Razasghar

Razasghar New Member

Car:
    Mercedes e class w211 2008
    Hi all

Im new to this forum site..i have just bought myself a 2008 w211 e320 CDI

Chassis number: WDB2110222B349264

When i press the satnav on my command unit i get a message saying satnav unavailable or something like that

I was given a europe cd for the satnav i went to the back left side of the boot to insert the disk and to my horror the unit in the boot is missing..there is wiring there but no unit..see pic

I bought the car privately sold as seen so im not very happy right now

Is this easily replaceable and what is the part number for this unit and where can i get one from..someone please help

Thanking u all in advance

Attached Files:

2. SavMan

SavMan Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car:
    E55K AMG
    They are very expensive brand new from a dealer they are somewhere around £2k+, comandonline can get them cheaper but you are still looking at approx £1k.

They do come up on ebay quite regularly however many are approaching 10 years plus and are having difficulty's with overheating among other things so you could find the 2nd hand unit does not last long before needing replacing but you could be lucky.
    Used they seem to sell around £200-300.