W211 SBC 25 Year Extended Warranty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SMed08

Car
E55k AMG
So on the FB warranty, there seems to be talk that the SBC unit has recently been put onto an extended 25 year extended warranty for any faults.

I really hope this is true for us W211 guys. My E55 is 14 years old on 130,000 miles and so far, SBC has been fine, but must be any day now.

So far this seems to be for MB-USA at the moment, will need to confirm for ROW (rest of world).

I 'd bet money this will not apply to the UK.
Its being extended in the US but it was stopped around 2012 in the UK. No chance of it being reinstated IMHO.
We can but hope though.

So far this seems to be for MB-USA

USA seems to get all the useful stuff, I bet MBUK won’t honour this...

Same with the Valeo radiator issue being a recall in USA, and the E55 fuel tank issue etc... where as no help from MBUK.

I’d love if it was true though, let us know :)

For the U.K..........not a hope in hell.
Perhaps if you are the original owner?...............and there is a bright star in the sky.
Mercedes always pander to American group actions anything to keep them quiet.
However " Ze British can go ( insert your own word ) themselves, let them pay for new SBC." They just do not care.

Steve

Why don’t the MBUK official club and other forums like this petition?

If the USA have got recalls sorted then why can’t we!
#powertothepeople

It's not that expensive to replace these days anyway.

When I first got my last E55 in 2011, it was around £1600 from MB and they told me about the lifetime warranty.

As AMGeed stated, it ended in 2012 so I can only presume lifetime meant what manufacturers perceive as the lifetime of a car (which is 7 years or so - last E55 was 2006 ish).

It's not that expensive to replace these days anyway.

When I first got my last E55 in 2011, it was around £1600 from MB and they told me about the lifetime warranty.

As AMGeed stated, it ended in 2012 so I can only presume lifetime meant what manufacturers perceive as the lifetime of a car (which is 7 years or so - last E55 was 2006 ish).

John, do you know how much they are these days?

Why don’t the MBUK official club and other forums like this petition?

If the USA have got recalls sorted then why can’t we!
#powertothepeople

I love the optimism buddy, but the sad truth is that Mercedes couldn’t give a toss about what us ‘old’ car owners say...

Last edited:
John, do you know how much they are these days?

I think the last post on this forum indicated they were around £600/£700 weren't they?

I can't remember if that £1600 was just the pump price and / or including fitting and / or including VAT.

I love the optimise buddy, but the sad truth is that Mercedes couldn’t give a toss about what us ‘old’ car owners say...

I wonder how the MB USA seem to cave in?

So on the FB warranty, there seems to be talk that the SBC unit has recently been put onto an extended 25 year extended warranty for any faults.

I really hope this is true for us W211 guys. My E55 is 14 years old on 130,000 miles and so far, SBC has been fine, but must be any day now.

So far this seems to be for MB-USA at the moment, will need to confirm for ROW (rest of world).
I emailed Mercedes Edinburgh who replied that the 25 year extended warranty on the SBC braking System does not apply in the UK only in the USA.
My question is …..if so many of Mercedes W211 SBC unit are failing therefore faulty and considered a safety issue, so much so that the warranty in the USA has been extended to 25 years why not In the UK.
Surely if it’s faulty it’s faulty on all W211’s not just those in the USA.
Is it purely that our American friends across the pond are better at Class Actions Legal suits.

I emailed Mercedes Edinburgh who replied that the 25 year extended warranty on the SBC braking System does not apply in the UK only in the USA.
My question is …..if so many of Mercedes W211 SBC unit are failing therefore faulty and considered a safety issue, so much so that the warranty in the USA has been extended to 25 years why not In the UK.
Surely if it’s faulty it’s faulty on all W211’s not just those in the USA.
Is it purely that our American friends across the pond are better at Class Actions Legal suits.

As per your last line...

"the 25 year extended warranty on the SBC braking System does not apply in the UK only in the USA because we can guarantee a law suit coming our way in the USA. We fear nothing from the UK market so will take the pish and get away with it"

Just fixed that for you. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom