W211 SBC pressure pump advice/ help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Probably . I have heard that MB no longer supply new water pumps for M113 engines , and any pump you buy from MB is in fact a re-manufactured one done to their standards. There are of course many decent copies of the same item available.

I suspect that a 'new' pump from Bosch may well be an old casing, but all the mechanical parts will be new. It will be to all intents and purposes new. Like water pumps for the M113, if it has been rebuilt by the OE manufacturer to the same specification as when new, it should be as good as new.

Hi folks,

My garage have just called to say that they cannot clear the brake warning light because the SBC unit has reached its capacity and needs replacing - cost £1000 plus labour.

Out of the question for me right now, but can I drive the car with this error light on?

Is it safe?

The garage didn't know one way or the other. Many thanks for any help.

E 320 cdi e class estate w211 2004 (just had new brake pads,sensors,check over , mot etc, £1500 bill)

I suspect that a 'new' pump from Bosch may well be an old casing, but all the mechanical parts will be new. It will be to all intents and purposes new. Like water pumps for the M113, if it has been rebuilt by the OE manufacturer to the same specification as when new, it should be as good as new.
Ok so where can I get hold of a bosch pump for a decent price?

The internet will be your friend, but at the moment maybe only from the UK, thanks to Brexit.

Not used them myself , but it's a start.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom