W211 SBC Pump / C235C Error Code / Service Threshold Reached

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not seen the pump back yet.

Should have been with me on Friday, waited in all day, no sign of it.

I'm now told it should be Tuesday but yet to receive the tracking details I've asked for. :(

Got tracking details now, think they may have just simply forgot to send it.

At least now I know it's coming by Parcel Force and I know the time the guy is usually around here.

Parcel Force been and gone.

No Parcel for me, tracking number does not find anything.

Why on earth do some firms make things so bloody difficult!

Parcel Force been and gone.

No Parcel for me, tracking number does not find anything.

Why on earth do some firms make things so bloody difficult!
not good! Keep us posted. Fingers crossed it’s with you tomorrow

Now told Wednesday.

Really annoying as I've been waiting in for it today.

I was told Tuesday hence why I expected Tuesday. ;)

Shame that the late delivery has spoiled the experience of using the company.

Another day passes and so does the Parcel Force van with nothing for me. :(

Pump just arrived back today.

Seems it was in fact sent to the wrong customer last week and they got it Friday/Monday.

When I got the Parcel Force tracking number on Monday and was told I'd get it Teusday then Wednesday this was not correct as it all hung on the other customer dropping off or getting the parcel collected.

This was eventually done yesterday morning.
Always annoys me when firms send a tracking number as if this is all that is required, a tracking number for a parcel that has not been handed to the carrier is pretty much useless. ;)

Again, one GW reported in FIN, MY 2003 600.000+ km driven, 100% costs

Had the same on my wifes car. After a while (could be months) the message turns to red and you lose about 80% of the breaking assistance. People do recondition them as AMgeed said but I just had mine replaced at my indi at a cost of about £900 as I recall. Mercedes set the limit at about two thirds of the safety limit that Bosch set for the pump to be extra safe. There are some gadgets on ebay to reset the limit but a) no idea if they work and b) why would you risk your life!
It's very common to have the limiter reset, and I've never heard of a complete failure, or indeed of the red warning coming up, but if a car had done a lot of miles, it might have been done once already, and I wouldn't risk it.

If your indie did it for £900, it wasn't a new MB unit he fitted, though they no doubt do refurbished units, which is why there's a surcharge to ensure you return the old pump.

My mistake. looking back at the invoice the SBC unit was £918 + vat from Brooklands. Plus the fitting of course.

Fitted the SBC pump back on today.

Brakes blead OK and no errors showing on dash.

Not had if for a drive yet, will check this next.

Tested brakes, all good.

Passed MOT today.
Just to bump this post for us owners of SBC equipped cars, mine went (same dashboard message as OP) with error code C235C. Was quoted £2500+ to have a new pump from Germany installed but I found this post on the forum, John (www.ecu-repair.co.uk but you’re better off texting him). He to my work place near Brooklands the very next day and took my SBC unit out, disassembled/reassembled and refitted it for me - software updated, counter reset, brakes bled, etc. All for just over 1/5th the price I was quoted for a new one, and he offers 18 months warranty.

So as THIS POST saved me, I thought it only fair to say thanks and amplify the recommendation, and give John a big thumbs up.

Note: he’s a busy guy, it took me a while to get hold of him, best to text the number on his website… but when I got his attention, he was pure gold and the car was fixed within 24 hours.

Attachments

• 5F8533A2-BFDB-4792-AC42-CDA5FA0D7225.jpeg
    5F8533A2-BFDB-4792-AC42-CDA5FA0D7225.jpeg
    378.7 KB · Views: 5
Just to bump this post for us owners of SBC equipped cars, mine went (same dashboard message as OP) with error code C235C. Was quoted £2500+ to have a new pump from Germany installed but I found this post on the forum, John (www.ecu-repair.co.uk but you’re better off texting him). He to my work place near Brooklands the very next day and took my SBC unit out, disassembled/reassembled and refitted it for me - software updated, counter reset, brakes bled, etc. All for just over 1/5th the price I was quoted for a new one, and he offers 18 months warranty.

So as THIS POST saved me, I thought it only fair to say thanks and amplify the recommendation, and give John a big thumbs up.

Note: he’s a busy guy, it took me a while to get hold of him, best to text the number on his website… but when I got his attention, he was pure gold and the car was fixed within 24 hours.
There were some comments the other month , not sure which forum saying he had gone missing and goods had not been returned to the owner etc ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom