W211 SBC Pump / C235C Error Code / Service Threshold Reached

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pmcgsmurf

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55 AMG W211, E250 Sport W212, (and some Imps)
Got this message on one of the mates W211 today.

20210721_205734.jpg

On checking the code it is Service Threshold Reached.

Pump brushes look very bad, going to decide over next day or two if it is to have a new pump.

Got this message on one of the mates W211 today.

View attachment 115975

On checking the code it is Service Threshold Reached.

Pump brushes look very bad, going to decide over next day or two if it is to have a new pump.
May be cost effective to have it reconditioned Pat.
This guy comes recommended on the other forum

Thanks, sent him an email earlier.

At that price if my mate covers the refurb cost I'll fit it for him free.
On the understanding that any stuck/sheered bleed nipples are not my fault. ;)

Had the same on my wifes car. After a while (could be months) the message turns to red and you lose about 80% of the breaking assistance. People do recondition them as AMgeed said but I just had mine replaced at my indi at a cost of about £900 as I recall. Mercedes set the limit at about two thirds of the safety limit that Bosch set for the pump to be extra safe. There are some gadgets on ebay to reset the limit but a) no idea if they work and b) why would you risk your life!

£1855 just to buy a pump from dealer.
They do give you £279 back for old pump though. :rolleyes:

Even Finland local dealer has granted few 100% warranty cases lately... (well of course they do not make desicion, but at least they ask HQ), when back in time we had troubles to get anything under 10 years warranty perioid.

I think that is in the US only. No warranty repairs in the UK on an SBC pump that I have read about.

Exactly, when I spoke to main dealer today about the price he just mentioned it was a "complicated part".
I simply said and, then pointed out that in the USA they would repair it free, he then said...."complicated part"........

I think that is in the US only. No warranty repairs in the UK on an SBC pump that I have read about.
No, it applies other countries too. Or then couple of my local forum members have been lying...

edit: it is not warranty but goodwill....

£375 including return postage.

Says it is tested upon arrival and then again after repair.

Will pull it out and send it off to them.

Will keep info. here on the repair as it may help others.
Ceetainly this side of the atlantic as I understand in USA owners have these repaired my Mercedes for free!

Details on the fault code.

20210723_141159.jpg

SBC pump removed ready for a clean up, plug the holes then send off for repair.

20210723_151017.jpg

Fairly straight forward to remove the pump, disable this with Star then remove the brake lines, connector plug and pull the unit out.

I went round the 4 calipers first and confirmed that the bleed nipples could all be opened OK, bit of a clean up first and some penetrating fluid then they all opened OK.

Can be handy keeping various plugs and stops etc. that one gets with new gear.

Cleaned the pump up a bit and plugged the holes before packagaing it all up with lots and lots of bubble wrap and paper and then inside a very large box.

20210724_154330.jpg

Yes that is correct. As I live in Sussex I took my pump up to him (pre arranged) and picked it up later the same day.

Thanks, sounds good.

Sure our local garage sends pumps to him too, will check next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom