W211 SBC pump failure - replacement in Herts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had them service the car too so the entire bill was slightly higher but the SBC items on the invoice were:

Pump: £1604
SBC fluid: £125
Labour: £150
Diagnosis and ancillaries (they changed earth straps and some hoses): ~£100

Plus the VAT.

Given the relatively low price I paid for the car, the fact it only has 100k on it, and how nice it is, I thought I'd spend the money and save it rather than throwing it away. Hopefully it's good for another 100,000 miles now.
That actually sounds like relatively good value for money considering the rarity of E500 Estates. Especially ones in good condition. I am sure you will get the value out of the pump and if you decide to move the car on, anyone who know anything about early 211's will appreciate knowing that it has a new pump on it. 👍

I had them service the car too so the entire bill was slightly higher but the SBC items on the invoice were:

Pump: £1604
SBC fluid: £125
Labour: £150
Diagnosis and ancillaries (they changed earth straps and some hoses): ~£100

Plus the VAT.

Given the relatively low price I paid for the car, the fact it only has 100k on it, and how nice it is, I thought I'd spend the money and save it rather than throwing it away. Hopefully it's good for another 100,000 miles now.
£125 for brake fluid!!! + VAT
A complete brake fluid change is cheaper than that.
I wouldn't be happy with that bill, but glad you have got it sorted.

Finally got to use the car as intended today: taking a ton of stuff to the dump!

Got there and the dump was closed. Tried to reverse out of the entrance and the bloody thing won't go into reverse. Gear selector module has packed up FFS. I've got a spare brake light switch from my SBC woes but I can't see that fixing it, knowing my luck. :mad:

IMG_0342.jpegIMG_0343.jpeg

Thanks, managed to get hold of Welwyn Merx in the end and limped it over to them this morning. SBC pumps have got expensive haven't they? o_O
Interesting re Welwyn Merx I emailed them waited several days,messaged,rang them promised reply after weekend--still waiting !
Does not inspire confidence.

Interesting re Welwyn Merx I emailed them waited several days,messaged,rang them promised reply after weekend--still waiting !
Does not inspire confidence.
I found it a bit hard to get hold of them every time I needed to speak to them but they were very helpful I did get through to someone. Keep trying by phone.

Yes, patience is required. Phillip has contacted me with explanation, so I withdraw my suspicion.
Are there just the two of them ?

I think there are at least 3 guys there but I've only dealt with two of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom