W211 SBC pump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
The dread "visit workshop" brake message popped up on Friday. At least it is better than the red "You are about to crash & die" offering.

After near enough 11 years SBC pump has probably reached end of life. :(

Number of operations has been extended once already and I understand that is cannot be done again, apart from which it been getting ever more noisy over the past weeks.

So, assuming the worst, what sort of cost am I looking at?

merc quoted me around £1700 for a new pump to be fitted or about £800 for just the part, either way its expensive. Indi wanted about £1100 fitted

£1500 from dealer all in.

Go to the main dealer, one of my customers had his replaced with a diag charge of £70 to pay, 2005 cls500 121k

Circa £1600.

If you've got full Mercedes service history you might get a 50% contribution, but it really is anyone's guess if they will; I know of two vehicles that have both needed the SBC pump replacing, one had patchy service history and the other had full Mercedes.

Which had to pay full price and which one got a 90% contribution? Yes, you guessed right...

Go to the main dealer, one of my customers had his replaced with a diag charge of £70 to pay, 2005 cls500 121k

Was that one a FMDSH?

My inde reckons he's had a few done and but I can't remember the score with service history now.

Hopefully he can work some magic when mine pops.

Was that one a FMDSH?

My inde reckons he's had a few done and but I can't remember the score with service history now.

Hopefully he can work some magic when mine pops.

Full dealer bar the last 2 done by myself. 100% contribution

There are some on here with FMDSH who have been declined.

It is really down to the dealer I think - some being much better than others as we know.

The one in your case is interesting - because I guess they recharge the job to MBUK which I guess means MBUK are approving it.

This means all dealers should be replacing...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom