W211 seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J0hn

Hi Guys
I am trying to swap over my seat swabs from a donor car to my car but have run into some difficulty, I have got the backrest off apart from the plastic hole caps on the top of the seat where the headrests go into the seat. (which appear to be the only thing holding the seat rear on now)

Does anyone know how to remove them? I don't want to force them off in case they break.

I'm also trying to remove the lower seat swab on my seat can anyone tell me what parts need to come off to release the lower seat swab?

IMG_8003.jpg

IMG_7982.jpg

Thanks in advance guys

Hi John, I can only vouch for the lower swab as that's what I replaced in my w211, obviously u need seat out of car and be careful they weigh a brave amount, 1st of all u need to drill 3 pop rivets from under the fire extinguisher glove box turn seat upside down and you'll see them once these are drilled out open the glove box and you'll see another 3 pop rivets along top of box. You will also see torx fasteners holding on the plastic trim were electric seat switch is located etc just look under neath and you should see the torxs. Once you remove the glove box there is a plastic strip running around the frame of seat push this strip down whilst pulling outwards and it should detach. Once you get this far the cover is held on place using plastic hooks which wrap around metal wires which are inside the seat foam, with cover pulled back you should see first hook using a flat screw driver prise the hook of the wire and repeat this till all hooks are free and cover is in your hand, it's hard too explain but once you start taking it apart it's self explanatory. I'll see if I can dig photos out from when I done mine can't remember what I took but my be of some help to you. Can I ask why you don't just swap seats instead of covers? I'm assuming you have 2 interiors?

Last edited:
John were abouts are u located I could possibly give u a hand

Unfortunately the only pictures I have are already posted in my original thread sorry

According to WIS the head restraint guides are removed by using pulling hooks (140 589 02 33 00) to release 'catch hooks' located about 1/3 down the left hand side of the tubular guide. This is for 2004-2007 W211.0/2/6.

I don't know W211s so am not sure whether the 'catch hooks' are inside or outside of the guides.

Maybe you can peer down with a small torch and see them?

Last edited:
Thanks Big G, I am just needing the full seat off as I have a leather replacement with foam etc, to put on, I think my main mistake is not taking the storage box off. I will have another go over next few days. I got a full leather interior but the pre-tensioners have already fired ( scrapyard)so what was a quick bolt out , bolt in got more complicated.

Thanks Codger49, I will give that a try, I managed to get one out but the other is a bit stubborn.

Much appreciated for your help both of you.

Cheers
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom