W211 Sidelights!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

digisatman

Hi all,

Think its time to change my w211 04 sidelights from horrible yellowish to some nice bright white led ones to match the xenons!

Ive searched about and there seems to be some conflicting opinions on which bulbs cause an 'blown bulb' error on dash, so would like some up-to-date reccomendations on ones that dont cause this error without breaking the bank (seen some £50/£60 ones!!!)

thanks,

Digi

i have seen quite a few on the web also for that kind of money? the w211 side light bulb is known as the 501 so after a search on the internet i was surprised to see them for as little as £6.00? i known what your going to say but surprisingly engough there have had good feed back, try the German Ebay they also have a good selection, but will keep digging.

regards Will

I upgraded the sidelights on my 05 E-class for the whitest standard bulbs I could find (Philips IIRC), and they still look yellow next to the xenons!

The facelift E-classes have LED sidelights I believe, which is why they look so white, but they are not compatible with pre-facelift cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom