w211 telephone options please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattc

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A4, 1994 E320 Coupe, 1995 E300 estate
Our 04 211 has a phone cradle for an old style Nokia by the looks. It has a curly cable (if that makes any difference:dk:).

Natalies phone contract is up for renewal and she wondered whether a new phone can work through the system; perhaps with a new phone cradle. having read some of threads on here I get the impression it will not be that simple.

what are the options with a price guide would be helpful

matt

If its in the armrest and a UHI type you'll be able to replace it with a Bluetooth cradle see command-on-line for options

how do i tell if its a UHI variety?

It'll be a cradle lying flat inside the top of the armrest that can be removed by pressing ( with a ballpoint ) the little black rubber button on top left of the cradle then pulling it towards the rear of the car

Stupid me! there is just a blanking plate in the top armrest section. underneath in the stowage compartment there a 2 curly cables - does that help or hinder?

Stupid me! there is just a blanking plate in the top armrest section. underneath in the stowage compartment there a 2 curly cables - does that help or hinder?

Triangular shape? If so, this is the cover for the plug/socket underneath. The cradle fits on this plug/socket by sliding backwards onto it.

The armrest has a two-piece lid?

Is yours like this?

DSCF0177.jpg

then you can fit a Bluetooth viseoo I think its this one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001AVY2S4/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

Triangular shape? If so, this is the cover for the plug/socket underneath. The cradle fits on this plug/socket by sliding backwards onto it.

The armrest has a two-piece lid?

yes to both questions...so there is no cradle at present

OK, so you don't actually have a cradle at all, you just have the bare UHI hook-up.

Therefore, you're free to get whichever cradle or puck which best suits your phone. You can go dedicated (one for a specific phone, like A210's photo above), or generic (SAP, HFP, or Viseeo).

NPUK's post above has the links you should follow for details.

Our 04 211 has a phone cradle for an old style Nokia by the looks. It has a curly cable (if that makes any difference:dk:).

Natalies phone contract is up for renewal and she wondered whether a new phone can work through the system; perhaps with a new phone cradle. having read some of threads on here I get the impression it will not be that simple.

what are the options with a price guide would be helpful

matt

My car is 53 W211 with DVD comand and phone already installed and working. I replaced the same phone as you show, a Nokia 6150 I think, with a Viseeo Bluetooth. It worked straight out of the box, and if you pair with an iPhone, you can select which of your contact list is paired. I made a new contact list specifically for this purpose, and I don't have to trawl through the whole 2/300 I have in total.

It works just like the Nokia phone from the St Wh buttons with info in the dash display, mutes the radio as the call connects, easy hands free comms.

Viseeo bluetooth, available from Comand online, as above on this thread.

So a Viseeo Bluetooth will do the trick AND work through the steering wheel without any programming via Star??

Well it did on my car, which meant that I no longer needed two phones, one in car and one in pocket. I first used it with an iphone 3GS, and recently with the new 4s iphone.
Any doubts, check your car spec with Comand on line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom