w211 trunk won't open

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4life211

Car
mercedes 211
Hi everybody my car's trunk won't open because of broken wire (because even plate light and brake tail light doesn't work).I tried with key but it won't open .what should i do help please ???????

Hi everybody my car's trunk won't open because of broken wire (because even plate light and brake tail light doesn't work).I tried with key but it won't open .what should i do help please ???????

My power wire broke but boot opener still worked. Have you tried the release on the drivers door? The key should work. Has the lock seized so key won't turn?

My power wire broke but boot opener still worked. Have you tried the release on the drivers door? The key should work. Has the lock seized so key won't turn?

The key turns but doesn't release.I dont know what to do ????Does it have any other way to open the trunk???

When you turn the key in the boot lock I think you have to pull the handle, while the key is in the turned position… or maybe the opposite…pull the handle, then turn the key.
Video may explain the wiring faults cause and the cure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNtB8qZk9uM

Dec

[YOUTUBE]qNtB8qZk9uM[/YOUTUBE]

You could also try a squirt of WD40 in the lock, then give it a wiggle with the key in position, which might help free it up.

Thinking back the remote opener did fail when wire snapped. Mine opened with the key! When you finally get it open you will find the brown power wire on the left curved boot arm broken. You have to remove the left hand trim to get at it. 10 minute job.

Solved .I open it by detroying the mounting plate.It cost me 200$.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom