W211 turbo actuator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

837richardt

I guys I have found that my turbo actuator on my E320 cdi has an intermittent fault and puts car in limp mode now n then, just wondering if I bought a replacement re conditioned actuator will it work straight away or will it need to be programmed on the car??

Yes it will need calibrating, are you sure it's the actuator and not the turbo itself?

Turbo is fine when actuator is working car drives and pulls perfectly but sometimes get small judder around 2500 rpm then goes into safe mode, I have removed and opened the actuator and some of the thread on the worm screw has crumbled off so guessing this is causing it, I can buy a re conditiond one for 185 or get my unit re conditioned for a few more pound

Turbo is fine when actuator is working car drives and pulls perfectly but sometimes get small judder around 2500 rpm then goes into safe mode, I have removed and opened the actuator and some of the thread on the worm screw has crumbled off so guessing this is causing it, I can buy a re conditiond one for 185 or get my unit re conditioned for a few more pound
hello richard i got a recon actuator and fitted it myself on a w211 all worked fine and still is and that was 10 months ago:thumb: no calibrating for mine ..

Few people have said that it's jut plug in fit it and off you go, only way to see is just try it and fingers crossed.
Have you had any probs since?.

Just be aware that some companies who offer refurb turbos are not using genuine parts ie original Garret parts etc, and they end up failing prematurely. I learnt the hard way on an A3 that I had!

Its a plug any play actuator no MB Star needed.

The reason the worm gear gets damaged is usually due to stuck VNT
or someones tried to move the VNT arm with the actuator connected.

:)

Last edited:
Hi everyone just thought I'd add to this tread, I've just bought a re manufactured actuator from turbo developments for £185 and returned my old unit. I've fitted new one and car is running like a dream with all warning lights off, not had any re programming done as long as your new one is same G code as old one
Hope this helps anyone in the future

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom