w211 v6 and I6 temp Gauge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
Hi peeps, does anyone know it the e320 cdi v6 runs at the same temp as the earlier I6?:confused:

Yes myn are both the same.

Can you expand on the reason for the question ?

Yes, sorry of course, a friend of mine Herishi on here has the 3.0 s211 v6 cdi, and his mpg is terrible and he is trying to get to the bottom of it.

I know its common for the I6 to suffer with thermostat failure and ive replaced mine when i 1st got it. i usually have no issues getting 50mpg, but his v6 only returns at best 37mpg.

His temp sits around 80 and mine sits in the 90's, also a friend of mine has the 3.0v6 cdi in his w203 and he gets 50mpg (i know its lighter) much surly it cant make that much difference to a 211?

I advised Herishi a change of stat may help his quest for better mpg.

I agree. Change the stat first.

Yes, sorry of course, a friend of mine Herishi on here has the 3.0 s211 v6 cdi, and his mpg is terrible and he is trying to get to the bottom of it.
I know its common for the I6 to suffer with thermostat failure and ive replaced mine when i 1st got it. i usually have no issues getting 50mpg, but his v6 only returns at best 37mpg.
QUOTE]

I have the Estate version with the 3.0 V6 cdi.
Lovely car ... Runs really well ... But you don't buy them for fuel-economy.
On a good run, taking it easy ... I might just get 37mpg.
Usually-less.

My 212 (265) is well short of the mpg I used to get with the I6.

I didn't buy my I6 for mpg, that was a bonus, but my friend thought he would get a similar mpg from a v6 he uses his to commute

His temp sits around 80 and mine sits in the 90's, also a friend of mine has the 3.0v6 cdi in his w203 and he gets 50mpg (i know its lighter) much surly it cant make that much difference to a 211?

I advised Herishi a change of stat may help his quest for better mpg.

Just been weymouth in my v6 with full boot and 2 kids and the wife and did hit 40.3 mpg on the way back. Did roughly 450miles round trip with driving around down there on 55 litres so roughly 34mpg average. I am happy with that and I wasn't driving it to get a good mpg. Mines mapped also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom