W211 V6 Diesel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That description is what I expected of our CDI. Any idea how much it is to replace engine bearings if they are at fault?

The parts are cheap, but its a major labour job. If you have cnage from £2000 I'd be suprised.

Re reading the thread my E320cdi saloon averaged 37mpg (I didn't often drive it fast) and could so over 50mpg is nursed it.

I would get from London to Glasgow on half a tank of fuel driving 65-70mph with 50mph restrictions on the M1.

i have a clk 320 cdi v6 the glow plug relay failed and easy job to change i changed the glow plugs at the same time again an easy job , after reading the fault codes i reset cleared them checked again after a run code 0030 showing up stream lambda o2 sensor , having done lots of reading everything said that there are 4 sensors but on coming to find the pre cat sensor there is not one on the clk 320 cdi there is only one lambda sensor that is after the cat under the car on the straight pipe on top of it , it is a 5 wire 6 pin plug you will find after replaceing it the after start cold mpg will be much improved and the normal running mpg will be much better you will be able to see 47 or more on a run well worth doing

BUMP..

I noticed a slight ticking sound from the engine (outside), near the front left tyre area of the engine. I seen in some other threads that this noise could be bearings ticking after a service. The service was done a few weeks ago on the car. Worth giving the company who carried out the service a phone call?

The bearing change is a helluva job but the check is pretty easy. Remove the serpentine belt and start the engine. If the ticking is gone with the belt removed then it is likely to be the front main crank bearing.
When changing the oil in these engines it is critical to fill the oil filter housing with oil otherwise on startup the delay in the oil pressure building at the weak 1st bearing causes this problem.
I managed to do this to my car in the first week of ownership.

Lots of information in this thread.

I have some sound tracks recorded of the ticking on my car on YouTube that I will link for you shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom