W211 V6CDI Glow Plug light turned off- how do I turn it back on??!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jon_viola

Car
S212 E350 CDI Aantgarde Sport Estate
Hi, My car has a note in the service history saying "No 2 Glow plug snapped, have turned glow plug light off via STAR"

I've now had all 6 Glow Plugs changed with No2 being drilled out and a new glow plug relay too.

However although they do now work there is still no light on the dash on start up. My local Indy can't find how to sort this- please help!

Incidentally at the since the glow plug change the service indicator is now showing "Service Display Unavailable"- is this related? A shame since it's just been reset after a full service.

Your help much appreciated!

Thanks

Jon

Last edited:
Just to add that the car took a few turns of the key to start this morning. Once warm no problem. Fuel consumption is also lower than usual.

A quick scan says left hot mass sensor out of range. Tried swapping over with a spare and with the other side and still it brings up the same error message.

Sorry lots of questions!

Anyone? Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

So they snapped a glow-plug and left it in place and turned off the warning lamp? You need to find how they disconnected the lamp, it might need plugging back in

Last edited:
An Indy. Not mine- it's detailed in the service history. It may have course been the previous owner trying to save cash. Anyway the glow plugs are all sorted now but I'd like it all back to normal to know if they are working ok!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom