W211 Voice Control PTT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jocon63

I have a 2004 Loaded up including Voice control, I have a small thumb type switch on the right of the steering wheel that if I push hard toward me, it allows me to issue commands, I called MBUSA and they have no clue what I'm talking about. I guess this is not normal and I need a PTT Stalk to replace what is currently there, anyone else ever here of this and does anyone know where I might get a PTT Lever other than the Parts dept

Thanks
jocon :rolleyes:

jocon63 said:
I have a 2004 Loaded up including Voice control, I have a small thumb type switch on the right of the steering wheel that if I push hard toward me, it allows me to issue commands, I called MBUSA and they have no clue what I'm talking about. I guess this is not normal and I need a PTT Stalk to replace what is currently there, anyone else ever here of this and does anyone know where I might get a PTT Lever other than the Parts dept

Thanks
jocon :rolleyes:

I wonder if the confusion arises from the fact that you are calling VCS a PTT and Voice control otherwise known as Linguatronic.

Its not hard to imagine someone getting lost in a maze of acroyms. But if you select the Benz ones then we can all start from that.

The missing lever isnt there for the heck of it. It needs a factory stalk and some hardware swaps in the trunk area. If you dont already have the functionality then all you are getting in the way of outputs is false hope.

Because the is a major difference between cars with teleaid and cars without, with and without UHI phone system, before and after 2004 then I cant advise you with any level of confidence.

2004 E320

I had the UHI replaced this past week due to phone problems ( I have the integrated phone system) and also had the software upgraded in my command center. They also claimed to replace the VCM. I never had the Voice before ( That I know of) but was able to go into the command center and follow though with the training. When I push forward the tiny thumb button I can give commands like "Radio" or Frequency 101.1 megahertz and it will do that for me. So I guess I have the Linguatronic system, I just don't know if I need the stalk ( Lever) or is this tiny cover/button is what I use to activiate it.

thanks
John

jocon63 said:
I had the UHI replaced this past week due to phone problems ( I have the integrated phone system) and also had the software upgraded in my command center. They also claimed to replace the VCM. I never had the Voice before ( That I know of) but was able to go into the command center and follow though with the training. When I push forward the tiny thumb button I can give commands like "Radio" or Frequency 101.1 megahertz and it will do that for me. So I guess I have the Linguatronic system, I just don't know if I need the stalk ( Lever) or is this tiny cover/button is what I use to activiate it.

thanks
John

The stalk is the same size as the cruise control.

Voice module and Voice Control module are indentical looking parts and interchangeable so I guess you are lucky in that you have the better one.

Just order the proper stalk from the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom