W211 water in boot

• Thread starter Deleted member 138290
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 138290

I’ve now got a sodding water leak, spare wheel area has a small puddle I discovered today ! Any idea s where water can leak in ? Cheers

w211 saloon

3rd brake light. The number plate surround.rear lights. For now remove the grommet in the spare wheel well to keep it drained or youll get steamy windows.

Hi, there s no sign of a leak around the 3rd brake light but I have had the rear n/s light unit out last week to examine the circuitry so I’ve possibly not sealed it quite right. Cheers for the advise

3rd brake light leak and number plate surround fills up with water and runs over you when the boot opens. Also the upper boot carpet gets soaked. So if thats dry its probably somewhere else.

Could be rear vents on either side of the car.

THING TO WATCH FOR IS MOISTURE GETTING TO THE REAR SAM UNIT ELECTRONICS BEHIND THE BOOT SIDE TRIM- THERE'S A WORLD OF PAIN WAITING SO DON'T DELAY TAKING ACTION!

Also worth checking the Upper plastic rain guards below the rear screen and either side of the boot. these can crack or not seal against the body of the car.

Ok thanks for all the posts, I will look into this ASAP

Also listen when you open the boot lid if there’s water inside the lid. If so it can leak from there into the boot along the seam where boot lid meets bumper
I had one some time back I ended up drilling a tiny hole near each end of the boot lip so it let the water out.

Think it was the seal on n/s hasn’t quiet fitted properly after I removed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom