W211 water leaks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Artlover

Car
W211 E320 cdi
I recently had a worrying problem with the electrics that came down to water getting into a control box underneath the driver's seat. The guys at Auto Class in MK were brilliant, replaced the (heavily corroded) control unit and dried out the carpets - not easy with all that insulation foam. And the problem seems to be resolved - I hope!
But despite a lot of testing, they could not find where the water had come from and how it got into the floor well, (no pun intended) so I'm still concerned that this problem could return. Has anyone come across a similar problem? Any ideas how the water may be getting in?

I had water in the passenger side :) the drain for the scuttle was loose its a tube on the side of the transmission tunnel mine just needed putting back in no more water (yet) yours may be a similar prob. :)

Ive seen this happen before , I found the water was getting in where the wiring loom passes into the engine bay above the pedals . What had happened was the drain for the skuttal area of the engine bay had gotten blocked , then this area filled with water until it reached the piont in the fuse box where the wiring loom enters the car , then the water would over flow into the drivers footwell . Have a look inside the fuse box in the engine bay ( called drivers SAM ) for water

Thanks guys - looks promising.
I'll check out your suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom