W211 window problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WOLTER

Car
e320
Hi everyone, I'm at the end of my tether. Apologies if this has already been answered somewhere but I couldn't find it. My symptoms are:- The front passenger window works, and that's all. All of the Windows and sunroof open and close via the key fob. I've checked the wiring between the door for damage/continuity. I've fitted a new switch in the drivers door, thinking as this can turn off the back window control this was the problem. And I've fitted a different door control unit. Still no joy. Is there a way of checking functionality of the door unit and switch? Or am I missing something obvious. Please help, I'm going bald!

What happens when you keep pressed the recirc air button for 20 seconds with the engine running ?

What happens when you keep pressed the recirc air button for 20 seconds with the engine running ?
I didn't know that was a thing to try. Ok well the drivers window moves down very slightly, like 1 or 2 mm and back up again when you press and hold again

Its getting power then . just not the correct info. The purpose of it is to put up all windows and close the sunroof say if you drive into smoke . or farmers spreading manure to keep out the stink.

Its getting power then . just not the correct info. The purpose of it is to put up all windows and close the sunroof say if you drive into smoke . or farmers spreading manure to keep out the stink.

I thought it was ‘tunnel mode’

Ok thanks, any ideas what I should do now? Thanks for all replys btw

Windows and doors and the setting and unsetting of the alarm system is all part of the central locking process, faulty alarms can sometimes turn up some weird faults.

Is the car alarm in working order, is it as old as the car, how old is the car.

Just a shot in the dark.

Dec

Windows and doors and the setting and unsetting of the alarm system is all part of the central locking process, faulty alarms can sometimes turn up some weird faults.

Is the car alarm in working order, is it as old as the car, how old is the car.

Just a shot in the dark.

Dec
The alarm works ok, in fact everything works, apart from the Windows controlled by the drivers door switch. The mirrors fold in the central locking works, like I said I'm at a loss!

When you say that you checked the wiring in the door.. did you check the passengers door loom too?? Does it also have a switch that locks off the rear windows from childrens misuse, is it depressed and working as it should?

Hi thanks for the reply. No I haven't checked those wires, but I will now if you think the problem might be over there, the reason I didn't was because that window switch works, no there is no child switch on the passenger side of mine

The only switch that works is the front passenger, but I have tried the recirculation button again but with the Windows down via the key fob and they all close

Where are you located? Just get the wallet out and take it to a indie :D

The only switch that works is the front passenger, but I have tried the recirculation button again but with the Windows down via the key fob and they all close

were you in a tunnel ?

Try taking earth off the battery and reset the windows by holding the button at the bottom of glass stroke for 5 secs . and again at the top of the glass stroke .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom