W211 Wing Mirror damage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickgee

Car
W211 E320 CDi
Hi all,

I've managed to clip the wing mirror of a parked car. :(

Pleasingly, no damage was done to the other car. Less pleasingly, the transparent "indicator" cover on mine is broken. All other bits work, eg: electric adjust, electric folding, indicator leds - although I can't really test the heating element in the current weather conditions!

From the damage shown in the (hopefully) attached pictures, can anyone tell me how easy this will be to self-replace?

I have had a search on the forum, but was unable to find any clear instructions. Hopefully, one of you kind souls will be able to post some details?

Many thanks

Nick

Attachments

• Picture003.jpg
    Picture003.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 95
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 82
I bought my replacement from dealer (£70 odd) - (already painted) 8 months ago and have not got round to doing it - if you find out, let me know! :D

Marc

its easy; move the mirror down so its pointing at the ground.... u can then access the clip at the top behind the mirror to take off the mirror glass. Unclip the heater elements and then remove the mirror shell by the screws behind. the indicator will clip into place but the lense is one unit so you will need to get the whole lense and bulbs etc. approx £40 from a dealer i believe.

good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom