w211 wing mirror not adjusting left or right

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

furlong19

Car
W211 E63 AMG
having a problem with my 2006 w211 drivers side powerfold mirror. i can adjust the glass up and down, aswell as fold it in and out, but there is not movement left or right. took the glass and the motor out and couldn't see any obvious wiring problems. wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction of what wire i should be looking at or could it be the actual switch on the door panel not working? thanks, Rob

having a problem with my 2006 w211 drivers side powerfold mirror. i can adjust the glass up and down, aswell as fold it in and out, but there is not movement left or right. took the glass and the motor out and couldn't see any obvious wiring problems. wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction of what wire i should be looking at or could it be the actual switch on the door panel not working? thanks, Rob

Mine is exactly the same but not investigated why as it's in the right place for me. Will be interested if you do solve this or someone knows why.

Can you hear the electric motor working when you try to adjust left/right?

If so it might be the winder mechanism has become disengaged, it's a screw winder and the end fitting clips into the black plastic that holds the actual mirror. If it's unfastened itself, the screw mechanism will just go round and not move the glass, this is what was wrong with mine anyway :dk:

It's not immediately obvious, I had to put mine back together, without the mirror glass in place and see what the problem was while using the mirror adjust switch.

Hope this helps.

Can you hear the electric motor working when you try to adjust left/right?

If so it might be the winder mechanism has become disengaged, it's a screw winder and the end fitting clips into the black plastic that holds the actual mirror. If it's unfastened itself, the screw mechanism will just go round and not move the glass, this is what was wrong with mine anyway :dk:

It's not immediately obvious, I had to put mine back together, without the mirror glass in place and see what the problem was while using the mirror adjust switch.

Hope this helps.

thanks for the reply, no noise from motor at all when trying to adjust up and down, like i said left and right is fine just nothing at all up and down :(

Mirror fault

Hi Guys,
In my 04 w211 drivers side mirror works perfectly, but when I switch it to passengers side .... my drivers side mirror moves.... and the other one does nothing.
Would you have any idea what could be a problem?
Problem with the switch panel?
Cables?

Sounds more like the switch pack, a star reading will confirm that the switch is showing short circuit on the drivers side section and/or open circuit when switched to passenger side. Might be worth picking up a second user pack from ebay.

Mirror fault

Hi Guys,
In my 04 w211 drivers side mirror works perfectly, but when I switch it to passengers side .... my drivers side mirror moves.... and the other one does nothing.
Would you have any idea what could be a problem?
Problem with the switch panel?
Cables?

Hi Rob,

I'm having the same issue. Did you figure it out?

Thanks,

Jed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom