W211 wing mirror reverse dipping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

greggster

Car
CLK W209 500 Elegance
any know common faults on these? when i select it from the dash computer only the near side mirror dips when reverse is engaged, but it dips to the wrong place and then stays there when i drive forward?

Greg, procedure to set dipping near side mirror is in handbook, it should reset after 10 seconds or so.

cheers, i assumed it was knackered, seems i have to set the parking position in the memory. Blimey, i just get more and more impressed at the amount of kit on this car and how clever it is. Whilst reading the manual i see the wing mirror heaters come on automatically if its cold!

Greg, Matt
I recently acquired a W211 E270 - 2005 Reg. I have not discovered this trick of dipping wing mirrors when reverse gear is engaged. Is this facility an upgrade or standard feature?

I also have noticed that my passenger wing morror does not move in or out (can move up and down electronically). MBenz hinted it may be the motor and so did a mechanic. On putting a new motor - no difference and therefore its not the motor. Have you ever experienced this?

Thanks for hints

Its probably broken wires in the mirror , its common on the 211 with fold in mirrors . If you search on this form there is a thread about fixing the broken wires

I recently acquired a W211 E270 - 2005 Reg. I have not discovered this trick of dipping wing mirrors when reverse gear is engaged. Is this facility an upgrade or standard feature?

Only available if you have memory seats - and there will probably be an item in the cluster settings to turn it on/off if you have memory seats

R

Only available if you have memory seats - and there will probably be an item in the cluster settings to turn it on/off if you have memory seats

R

It can be fitted and coded to one side. All you need is a new frame. The existing 2004+ cluster and DCM can handle all the connections.

The dipping mirror coding is available without the memory function.

The dipping mirror coding is available without the memory function.

Good point, should have said thats the factory only fit the appropriate physical mirror (with the position feedback device) in cars with memory - but it can be retrofitted.

Have never looked how you set the dip position though - I think some cars need the memory switch pack for that

R

Good point, should have said thats the factory only fit the appropriate physical mirror (with the position feedback device) in cars with memory - but it can be retrofitted.

Have never looked how you set the dip position though - I think some cars need the memory switch pack for that

R

There is a default which is adequate for most people.

Works on
- R171
- W203
- W209
- W211

so far.

The coding string in the cluster refers to SPEIGEL EINSTELLUNG or something to that effect referring to mirror.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom