w211 WTF has this car ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4life211

Car
mercedes 211
my e270 2003 has a battery drain .First it was alternator wich is fixed and replace battery with brand new FIAMM.Now after 3 month after the fix , let it for 3 days without using it and the battery has died.WTF is going on with thic car ?????

I had a mystery battery drain problem on my old W168 - turns out there were remnants of Nokia carkit left under the trim - took me a couple of hours to trace and dig everything up, and you wouldn't believe the amount of cr@p that was there:

30104466320_1c40bce89b_o.jpg

After that - no more battery drain :thumb:

You need to test the drain and then start pulling fuses. It should be no more than 0.06A when the car is locked.

thanks for quick response.done drain test.after 20 min it drops 0.02-0.06 ampere .it is elevated.i have removed 3 fuses .diagnostic socket, AGW, Radio.in fact doesn' t matter if I remove or not . it reads the same .I don't know what to do know

0.02-0.06 amps draw will not give you any problems unless it is left for weeks.

Did you test the fuses from all three locations?
As above, 60ma draw is the max draw expected.

I will tell you if I see any change .thanks for supporting

The drain at 0.06A is fine.

Have a test carried out on your battery, could be when your alternator was killing your battery that damaged one/some of the cells and now the temp is dropping which is what normally finishes off failing batteries it's now had it.

Sorry I've just read you had replaced the battery.

Still might be worth getting it tested I'm in the trade and I've seen faulty new/not very old batteries.

Sorry I've just read you had replaced the battery.

Still might be worth getting it tested I'm in the trade and I've seen faulty new/not very old batteries.

thank for the answer. I have repaired the alternator because of 4 ampere draining (replace diodes block, 2 bearing and the regulator) it seems to be fixed.replaced for second time new battery (the first was BANNER 2 month old replaced with brand new FIAMM).I left for 4 days and is dead.

Does this car have the 1000W electric heating element in the heating plant, these were known to have an intermittant problem and will drain a battery bloody quick...

Does this car have the 1000W electric heating element in the heating plant, these were known to have an intermittant problem and will drain a battery bloody quick...
thnx for answering
where is the location of this heater ?

The heating element is built into the heating system, from what i remember there is no fuse and the only way to get rid of it is to disconnect the supply cable. I heard once that the cable connection is down near the starter motor, apparently it is a hard part to get to. So i hope it is not that..

Also know as the heater booster to help your search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom