W211 Xenon Headlight Bulbs (with active light)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jon_viola

Car
S212 E350 CDI Aantgarde Sport Estate
Hi,

My headlights are very dim so I assume I need some new bulbs. It's a 2005 (55) with Xenon and active light.

Can anyone recommend a cheap source? Are they a DIY fit or do I have to remove the whole headlight cluster?

Thanks

Jon

Jon

Just had to have mine replaced for exactly this reason. Cheap bulbs are a no go. I tried a few and none last any length of time. I just got a set of OEM white ones from Mercedes.

There's a good chance that at 9+ years old they will have deteriorated. Get them on line, many available suppliers, checking your type first. Stick with good brands like Philips, Osram, Bosch and you'll not go far wrong. Don't buy them from MB; they just over charge for the same product anyway

Very DIYable with a bit of sensible care, bearing in mind that the lamp ignition circuit runs at very high voltage.

any oem will be fine, phillips or osram

Got mine from ebay and went for the 6k temp. 10 min job to change.

DON'T have the ignition on when removing the bulb cap.

OEM MB are just Phillips, bosch or hella bulbs with 99% markup.

i just replaced last week my xenon bulbs, i got a set of d2s 6000k bulbs on ebay, and fitted them myself, can be quite tricky to fit them, but with some patience got them fitted and work great. i found the passenger side harder to fit so would recommend to to the driver side first so you know to do it...

i googled before doing it and found some info ... just google w211 xenon diy should show up as the 1st result (post from mbworld)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom