W212 2010 NTG4 Upgrade Options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eisteddfod37

Car
Mercedes Benz E350 (W212) 2015
Hi all,

First post to the forum, however have been a reader for a number of years. I’ve had my E250 saloon from new, just over 9 years ago. Now done just over 100k and I’ve no interest in swapping it. It’s tuned, to the hills and still drives like a brand new car.

Done a little Searching in the forum and looking for a fairly up-to date suggests for upgrades to the Audio system.

The NTG4 is getting a little old and and something with DAB+ and a NAV system would be great. I’ve seen a few upgrades for the NTG4.5 but nothing conclusive for the 4.

Firstly is anything possible? Would you guys say it’s worth it?

P.Scim UK beaded if that makes any difference.

Last edited:
The range of official retrofits is very limited.

You may be able to upgrade to NTG4.5, I am not sure, but even so, NTG4.5 dates back to 2010 which means it will be a costly retrofit with few benfits. As an example, NTG4.5 does not have Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, and the Navigation won't have live traffic, etc etc.

If you are really keen on updating the infotainment system, then I would look at an Android-based system.

For me markjay has called it right,for a lot of money you are getting very little going for NTG 4.5.

Don't know if it's the same for E class, but when I first got my C class S204 I looked at upgrading the NTG4 to 4.5, it involved a new dashboard and would have cost north of £2000, so I decided to stay with NTG4! Also 4 can be updated with "second user" DVD's whereas with 4.5 you need a PIN specific to your VIN, from the MB mainframe so main dealer or certain indies like comand.co.uk, as well as the DVD's.

Thanks for the responses.

I'm happy with a 3rd Party kit. I'm really was looking for Apple CarPlay functionality. I know I'm years apart with the car's age and the technology. However it's a bloody good car and I really don't want to change it. Just give it a new lease of life.

There's quite a few threads/posts on here and t'other side about changing out Comand for a modern android unit either Chinese or the likes of Pioneer, comand.co.uk are a good source of info if you tell them what you want to achieve.

Something like this?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Mine's 2 years older than yours and I paid a visit to Comand online today, having a new Alpine h/u fitted on Thursday.

I'm happy with a 3rd Party kit. I'm really was looking for Apple CarPlay functionality. I know I'm years apart with the car's age and the technology. However it's a bloody good car and I really don't want to change it. Just give it a new lease of life.[/QUOTE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom