W212/204 Comand Online

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kuyumciyan

Car
C250 CDI Sport Edition 125
Folks,
I have just picked up my new C250 CDI and I am having few issues with the command Online. So wondering if we can start a discussion to share some knowledge.
Items I want to tackle:
1 - Internet connectivity - I cant get it working despite having a Blackberry 9780 with data roaming. The Dial up Networking (DUN) wnt work but all phone functions work.
2 - Video in motion - I want to get VIM enabled for my daughter and passangers. I know in older versions you could do this via engineering menu anyone had a joy?
3 - Is it possible to copy music to the HDD via the SD card slot on the device?
This to start the discussions - I will chip in my findings once replies start to come and we see where we end up. Thanks to all.
Max

1.www.mercedes-benz.com/connect also quite a few past threads on here about this use the search
2. Cant via engineering menu, you need a VIM interface.
3. Yes read your Comand manual for how to do so.

Last edited:
Ask your dealer - They are the best people to help - They made the car !

Dealer.... :) I know more than those cowboys! I am not sure what training they get. On the day that I went to pick the car the guy said - I will go to telemetics training next week so lets meet after and I will help. Frustrated!!!
I fing forums more useful. Thanks for the advice.

Ask your dealer - They are the best people to help - They made the car !

erm, I think not!

Most of time I know more about the model I am interested in, than they do themselves.

After picking my car up from Hertford dealership few weeks back, and asking how to get the command online going, I got a sarcastic reply to follow the on-screen settings.
When I explained I have already tried it, and got one of the 'techies' to do it for me - he gave up after 45min of failed effort.

Still waiting for them to get this sorted.

erm, I think not!

Most of time I know more about the model I am interested in, than they do themselves.

After picking my car up from Hertford dealership few weeks back, and asking how to get the command online going, I got a sarcastic reply to follow the on-screen settings.
When I explained I have already tried it, and got one of the 'techies' to do it for me - he gave up after 45min of failed effort.

Still waiting for them to get this sorted.

I use BlueDun to get the online function working on my Galaxy S3 phone.
It's a waste of time though the connection is so slow it's unbeleiveable takes forever for load a page.
It only works through GPRS (2G) it's as slow as the dial up on the Internet years ago.
The Mercedes whole Comand system is woeful compared to the BMW professional nav and the functions that has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom