W212 advice - Executive SE vs Avantgarde, spec sheets?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S-class

Car
MB
Hi Guys

I'm going to start looking for a W212 E class, initially I was looking at 2010 Avantgarde E220/E250 models with Sat Nav and Xenons, mileage 30-50k (want to spend 16-17k ideally) however I've seen the newer ones (2012?) have the newer 7G gearbox which overall people seem to prefer (I know theres some exceptions!), also I like the look of the 2 exhausts at the back so I'm going to aim for the newer model.

Looking at prices I should be able to get one but mileage will be slightly higher at 60k miles, most of them out there seem to be executive SE, was just wondering if anyone had a full spec sheet for this model and what the differences are between avantgarde.

My main priorities were:
- Sat Nav
- Xenons
- Ambient lighting - this looks really good to me!
- Harmon Kardon but dont think i'll be able to get this due to budget constraints.

Advice appreciated as at the moment no idea what is missing from Exec SE vs Avantgarde.

Anyone? its proving very difficult to find any info on the exec SE spec :(

Hi Guys

I'm going to start looking for a W212 E class, initially I was looking at 2010 Avantgarde E220/E250 models with Sat Nav and Xenons, mileage 30-50k (want to spend 16-17k ideally) however I've seen the newer ones (2012?) have the newer 7G gearbox which overall people seem to prefer (I know theres some exceptions!), also I like the look of the 2 exhausts at the back so I'm going to aim for the newer model.

Looking at prices I should be able to get one but mileage will be slightly higher at 60k miles, most of them out there seem to be executive SE, was just wondering if anyone had a full spec sheet for this model and what the differences are between avantgarde.

My main priorities were:
- Sat Nav
- Xenons
- Ambient lighting - this looks really good to me!
- Harmon Kardon but dont think i'll be able to get this due to budget constraints.

Advice appreciated as at the moment no idea what is missing from Exec SE vs Avantgarde.

I have a 2012 AG Estate. As far as I am aware the main difference in standard spec is suspension - AG sits a bit lower and stiffer but not as bad as sport models - plus you get ILS (intelligent lights including bi - xenons) on the AG. I also have 18" alloys rather than std 17s (maybe an appearance pack of something?) and there may be a difference in the interior trim - mine has full leather but not sure that is case with SE.

I dont have sat nav - experience with it in VW and Volvo previously versus a portable Garmin meant it wasnt a priority to me, sure it can be retrofitted but i havent bothered!

I also dont have HK, cars are a bad place for music and i am not an audiophile.

Mine has done 44k miles, I was considering selling it when my work circumstances changed and they gave me a car, but its likely to be a temp change so at the moment I just keep it and use it once a week or so - or when my son is on the uni run as its the only thing big enough to fit all his stuff in.

Good luck with search! I'd hang out for the 7G+ box as i cant really fault mine....

KR
Ian

If you go online at www.mercedes-benz.co.uk you can download the brochure and see the differences between SE etc... I'm pretty sure their website provides brochure downloads.

Thanks for the replies, I did look online but the only info and brochures available are for the latest model which is different, nothing on the first executive SE's that came out with 7G

on the 2012 ones besides the twin exhausts is there anything different?

Last edited:
All I can add is be prepared to move quickly. Given your price range and preferences these cars move on quickly. When I bought mine it was the third test drive I had booked in one weekend.

Deposits were taken over the phone and deals done before I even arrived to view the cars. However, the dealers did have the decency to call me so I didn't waste my journey.

S-class said:
Thanks for the replies, I did look online but the only info and brochures available are for the latest model which is different, nothing on the first executive SE's that came out with 7G on the 2012 ones besides the twin exhausts is there anything different?

I've been turning out my office and have found an Exec SE brochure, which you're welcome to if you're interested. I've got a ton of other brochures and price lists from the past 15 years I'm going to offer to forum members too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom