W212 AirCap Issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

p2djx

Car
2012 W204 C250 BlueEfficiency AMG Sport
Hi All
Bought a new to me 2010 E350 Convertible.
When I press the button at the centre console the rear headrests go up but the front AirCap doesn't budge. Not even a millimetre. Any common faults or easy repairs ? or is it dead ?

It needs to go on Mercedes Star machine to pinpoint the fault - could even be a software issue.

whats mercedes star machine? as I have a fault too wit the aircap in that it stay up after going up, down and up. so permanently up.

whats mercedes star machine? as I have a fault too wit the aircap in that it stay up after going up, down and up. so permanently up.
You need to go to a dealer or Independant Mercedes garage who have the test equipment - Star Diagnostic Machine to read the fault codes and update / correct software.

I have just got a 2010 e350 yesterday and just found out the aircap isn't working with no lights on the button!!

Don't think the dealer I bought it off even knew it had it either but he is 2 and a half hours away!! so I'm trying not to end up having to go back to him

When I viewed it though I'm sure the button was lit up but it's been serviced since then
So hopefully just knocked it out via diagnostic
Any ideas to fix welcome

Please forgive me, but what's an air cap ?

Please forgive me, but what's an air cap ?
The best explanation I’ve found is that it’s a drivers and passangers hair style maintance product for Mercedes cabrio models so when driving with roof down, car occupants will still have a hair in one place.
mercedes-aircap-keeping-your-hair-in-one-place-14585_3.jpg

mercedes-aircap-keeping-your-hair-in-one-place-14585_1.jpg

Although this thread is a few years old I thought I'd just point out that the front aircap only raises at a certain speed while driving - and then drops when you stop!
Does anyone know how to lift it up when stationary?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom