W212 Artico Seat Split

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don’t think I can give Mercedes serious concideration. They know full well about the seats yet persist in selling a known fault.
My B class was the worst car for reliability I’ve had in 20 years of driving. The seats being one of the many issues. A quick search and it’s suggested that MB have done nothing to improve quality. Is all their R and D going on aesthetics and technology?

Such a shame as the C class appearance inside and out is fantastic for a my17 car considering the price but MB just seem ethically wrong.

All manufacturers are as bad as each other. My other car is a one year old Audi and the quality and R&D evident on that is abysmal.

You have a point to some extent, the VAG cars a perhaps worse than Mercedes in that regard. BMW aren’t that wonderful either. For some reason German cars have a misplaced reputation. I wouldn’t say ‘all cars are as bad as each other’... I think Japanese and Korean cars may have something to say about that.

Mine has this too, was told under approved used warranty its not covered :(

MB and BMW use to niche high quality and very expensive players small product runs now mass market product just like Ford, GM etc.

Mine has this too, was told under approved used warranty its not covered :(

This winds me up. I would love to get a 3 year old approved used C class but it’s going to have to be a 2 year old Honda Civic. A shame as for the same price the Mercedes looks far better but the Hondas build quality and service just puts Mercedes to shame.

Have same problem with 05 CLK, MB still using this Artico crap!!!!!! My 1960 190B has MBtex, no splits/cracks some stitching has come undone, a bit grubby but in good condition.
MB Tex is indestructible, like Captain Scarlet . I’ve had it in several cars and , as you say , other than stitching , does not wear through or rip .

My dad’s 1964 190 had it as well ; still perfect when the car was written off in 1970 .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom