W212 (Audio 20) - Retro fit MP3 control and SatNav

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuJigsaw

Car
E-Class 250 CDi Sport Estate Tip
Just taken delivery of a new E class 250 CDi Sport Estate W212. There are two things I'm not happy with, namely no native satnav or MP3 player steering wheel control/track info. The car was an amazing lease deal so I took it knowing the limitations but I would like to rectify them if possible.

MP3 player
The car is only fitted with a standard Audio 20 single CD and has an Aux in 3.5mm jack in the centre arm rest cubby hole. I can plug my phone or iPod into it and play MP3's no problem (although the volume is pretty low) but without any steering wheel control or displayed track info etc. I'm looking for the most economical retrofit option which gives me these facilities. I'm happy to use either my Android phone, an IPod or a USB powered hard drive (my preferred option) to store/play the mp3's from. Anyone know what my options are here?

Satnav
The car doesn't have Becker Map Pilot prewiring and as the units themselves are pretty cheap to buy I'd like to go for this if the wiring kit is available. Anyone know if there is a kit available now?

The car is a lease car so I'm assuming any obvious retrofits would be a no-no as far as MB Fleet Sales are concerned so are there any of the MP3 or satnav retrofit options which don't require MB to activate them at a dealership? I'm assuming if they were they'd then be registered on the cars database entry, something I'd like to avoid if possible.

I've sent a similar enquiry to Command Online but would also like anyone else's experiences of trying to achieve either of these retrofits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom