W212 Audio 50 - dodgy audio interface / MMI?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derektrotter

Car
MB
Hi All

I've got a 2011 W212 E class with the Audio 50, its got the MMI in the glovebox which i've used for years with a bluetooth adapter (rather then the connector to the iPod), now however I am getting constant cycling, e.g. if the audio is playing for a min I get 3 to 4 disconnections.

Has anyone ever had this before or are there any fixes I can try? I've replaced with a brand new bluetooth adapter which is known to be working so I know its the connector thats playing up, I've done a reset on the Audio 50 system via the menu but that has not helped.

Advice appreciated :)

Would it be worth trying someone else's phone over BT to see if it still does it?
Perhaps unpair your phone and reconnect from scratch and try again

Would it be worth trying someone else's phone over BT to see if it still does it?
Perhaps unpair your phone and reconnect from scratch and try again

Yep tried with another phone and the same behaviour, I go into the phone bluetooth settings and I can see the device repeatdly disconnecting and reconnecting, i'm guessing the MMI port keeps disconnecting/reconnecting my bluetooth adapter which is causing this :(

There is a firmware update for the system which addresses many bugs. I would start by getting that done and then see wheat happens.

There is a firmware update for the system which addresses many bugs. I would start by getting that done and then see wheat happens.
Thanks Alfie, is there a way I can check the firmware level and see if it does need updating? trying to avoid going to the dealer as they try and charge £100 every time as a "diagnostics" fee, when I purchased the car from the dealer I did insist that the firmware was updated and they assured me it had (probably doesnt mean much however!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom