W212 Audio lights display lost/

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benzwalah

Car
W212 E220 CDI Blue Eff 2010 & W123 230E 1984
Hi Everyone
W212 E220 CDI Blue Effeciency SE 2010 Auto
Just been on a 250 mile road trip from Solihull to London and back. On the way down everything was ok. At 6 pm start my return journey press Audio button radio comes on NO display , No display lights around the massive numbers cluster on the right that has telephony and stuff inputs. On the dash display on audio No stations showing up and on the big Knob near the gear leaver no response. Ironically the radio is playing but the volume knob is working and the volume steering control is not. The dashboard direction navigation in the instrument binnacle is showing a dash too.

I have only had the car 4 days bought privately and all was working fine till 6PM today. any advice would be greatly appreciated. PS it is due to go in at the weekend for a software recall update any suggestions most welcomed.
Benzwalah

Hi Everyone
W212 E220 CDI Blue Effeciency SE 2010 Auto
Just been on a 250 mile road trip from Solihull to London and back. On the way down everything was ok. At 6 pm start my return journey press Audio button radio comes on NO display , No display lights around the massive numbers cluster on the right that has telephony and stuff inputs. On the dash display on audio No stations showing up and on the big Knob near the gear leaver no response. Ironically the radio is playing but the volume knob is working and the volume steering control is not. The dashboard direction navigation in the instrument binnacle is showing a dash too.

I have only had the car 4 days bought privately and all was working fine till 6PM today. any advice would be greatly appreciated. PS it is due to go in at the weekend for a software recall update any suggestions most welcomed.
Benzwalah
Since you just got the car, I'd advise you take it back to where you bought it for check up. They should be able to help you solve the problem. It's not advisable you start doing try and error on a new car

Since you just got the car, I'd advise you take it back to where you bought it for check up. They should be able to help you solve the problem. It's not advisable you start doing try and error on a new car

OP stated the car was 'bought privately'.

I would guess if the car is booked in for a software update then that is being done by a dealer or independent service centre? In which case they can presumably offer an opinion when they see the car.

When I had a W211 there was an occasion where the dash display died but the car operated - it turned out that the main battery needed replacement. We had a BMW where there were some intermittent warnings that didn't make much sense -and the independent we used couldn't find anything wrong - and the ultimate resolution was a battery change. Both cars were about six years old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom