W212 Automatic Climate Control

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ForestAthlete

Car
E350 BlueTEC AMG Sport Estate
Hello All, what with the hot weather we're having I'd love to have my climate control working well. On yesterday's trip to work, I set the climate control to Auto at 21'C due to the outside temp being 25'C. Was expecting the usual rush of the blower and cold cold air. However, the blower/fans were operating at minimum speed and would not budge. So I needed to change from Auto and use the fan speed button to manually choose speed 5 - and the air con is delivering cold air. Half way to work, I pulled into a layby, turned off the engine for a few minutes, restarted the engine, expecting the auto climate control to rectify itself, but no joy. Left the car in the shaded office car park for the day, tried the climate control on the way home, same same.
Is this a known fault? Is there a reset option for the S212 E350 AMG Sport (2014 on a "64" plate)? Thanks

Last edited:
Good news, the auto climate change has rectified itself; a nice blast of cold air hit my face on a short drive just now, then the fan slowed down as the inside temp cooled down.

Good news, the auto climate change has rectified itself; a nice blast of cold air hit my face on a short drive just now, then the fan slowed down as the inside temp cooled down.
I spoke too soon - it's happening again, especially when the weather is hot. So it could need a re-gas.

An air con service and re-gas has fixed this.
thanks for taking the time to update the thread with the resolution.

Unfortunately the "Auto" climate control is not functioning. Have noticed this in the recent cold weather. When choosing "Auto" mode, the fan/airflow would speed up & slow down depending on interior temperature. However for the last 6 months the fan/airflow stays at a constant low level regardless of internal temperature. Therefore I need to manually change the fan/airflow speed. Is this a sign of future A/C unit problems? Should I get it repaired and at what cost? Or stop being fussy and use the fan speed button? Thanks FA

Is it actually regulating the temperature correctly, though?

If you get a scan it will let you know if there are any errors in the HVAC's electronics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom