W212 black window trim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

350cls

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55k AMG Sold / S211 E320 CDI I6 W212 E63 6.2 N/A saloon.
Black window surround/trim for W212 2009/59 model.

Im not the biggest fan of the chrome window trim I have on my car im hoping to replace this with a black trim. When I first purchased the car I think the chrome suited it really well but I have now had a change of heart. I'm finding it hard to locate this darker trim/surround can anyone advise me on where I might be able to purchase some. Thanks in advance.

Tom

I would imagine you could contact the dealer and ask for the trim from the 'night pack' or whatever it was called. I would imagine it would be quite costly and a PITA to change over. Alternatively, you could always do what I (and other do) and have it wrapped :) Easier and I wuld imagine cheaper, as well as being reversible!

I would imagine you could contact the dealer and ask for the trim from the 'night pack' or whatever it was called. I would imagine it would be quite costly and a PITA to change over. Alternatively, you could always do what I (and other do) and have it wrapped :) Easier and I wuld imagine cheaper, as well as being reversible!

Cheers for the info. As you say I had thought of the dealer route but knowing mb they would want crazy £ for such parts. I thought they may be a aftermarket option. But I'm yet to see any at all.

Could you advise on a ball park figure on the wrap option. Are you happy with the wrap method. Colour is also a deciding factor. What would be the best colour to go with obisidan black exterior body paint ?

Cheers Tom

I should also add I'm looking to have tints on the car it doesn't have this at the moment. My aim is to have the blacked out look. I will need to have my wheels done at some point. Unsure on Matt or a gloss finish also. My previous E55k had Matt finish Forgestar F14 wheels and they looked brilliant on my obisidan black 55. The 55 had the shadow line window trim which I also liked.

I am more than happy with the wrap method. Had our ML done a few years ago and it is still spot on, my old CLS 55 done and more recently had our CLS (218) done too! Not only the window surrounds, but boot strip, DRL surrounds, grill slats, half the door handle (CLS 219) and any other bits of chrome I could see!

All of them were obsidian black. The guy I used to do the work used gloss black and it worked perfectly with the paintwork. Ball park, each car cost approx £250. The hardest part for you will be finding someone who knows what they are doing and having it done to a high standard that you are happy with.

Hope that helps :)

I am more than happy with the wrap method. Had our ML done a few years ago and it is still spot on, my old CLS 55 done and more recently had our CLS (218) done too! Not only the window surrounds, but boot strip, DRL surrounds, grill slats, half the door handle (CLS 219) and any other bits of chrome I could see!

All of them were obsidian black. The guy I used to do the work used gloss black and it worked perfectly with the paintwork. Ball park, each car cost approx £250. The hardest part for you will be finding someone who knows what they are doing and having it done to a high standard that you are happy with.

Really helpful much appreciated.

I'll look into this further.
I didn't mention the boot strips but like you have mentioned I would also want that trim and any other exterior chrome bits black out.

I have a very well regarded tinting outfit near where I live so I may pop in there and see what the craic is.

Thanks for the info :thumb:

Really helpful much appreciated.

I'll look into this further.
I didn't mention the boot strips but like you have mentioned I would also want that trim and any other exterior chrome bits black out.

I have a very well regarded tinting outfit near where I live so I may pop in there and see what the craic is.

Thanks for the info :thumb:

My 63 has the night pack with the gloss black exhaust tips but still has the chrome window trim? I agree, wrapping would work out far cheaper.
Had my rear screen and windows tinted last week. £170 all in.
20191008_121520.jpg

My 63 has the night pack with the gloss black exhaust tips but still has the chrome window trim? I agree, wrapping would work out far cheaper.
Had my rear screen and windows tinted last week. £170 all in.
View attachment 89592

That's seems a decent price you paid Roger. The car is looking fantastic.

Would you prefer chrome exhaust tips?

Was the night package not a blacked out window surround/trim option. As you say you have the chrome.

That's seems a decent price you paid Roger. The car is looking fantastic.

Would you prefer chrome exhaust tips?

Was the night package not a blacked out window surround/trim option. As you say you have the chrome.

Chrome tips would be my preference I think, but as for the night pack, I'm unsure what the exact differences were:dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom