W212 Bluetooth issue / dropping out

A-AvantGarde

MB Enthusiast
Car
2016 BMW F86 X6 M, 2016 BMW F30 320d, 2001 Mercedes C320 Elegance
One of our MD's is trialing an Android Device (Samsung GT-S5570) and is now having issues with Bluetooth connectivity in his E-Class.

His car is a W212 E350 CDI, I believe it's a 2009 model, it was one of the first W212's. He's not based out of my office so I don't know which version of Navigation system he has but he did say that he doesn't believe that there is any cradle.

His phone is currently running Android 2.2.1, FROYO.BUKB1

He has two problem's:

1. The Phone will periodically disconnect from Bluetooth and he'll hear the ping.

2. He can't access the phonebook on the phone through the car (although I suspect that this is because he hasn't ticked the box to grant access to contacts when initially connecting the phone).

I believe that this the first issue, is likely to be a result of either the Firmware version in the car or possibly the phone. I appreciate the details are a little scarce, what other information should I ask him for to attempt to work through this issue?

If it helps the same phone works fine in my E60 520d with BMW factory navigation / bluetooth (including phonebook access).

Cheers...

st13phil

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
First off, I have no experience of Android devices at all, but...
1. The Phone will periodically disconnect from Bluetooth and he'll hear the ping.
Whenever I've had problems with Bluetooth connectivity it's been resolved by a firmware upgrade to the (Nokia) handsets.
2. He can't access the phonebook on the phone through the car (although I suspect that this is because he hasn't ticked the box to grant access to contacts when initially connecting the phone).
If there's no cradle then the car won't access the phone's contacts dynamically. If the car is fitted with an Audio 20 head unit then the only way to get contacts usable in the car is to send them from the handset to the car as vCards via Bluetooth. If it has COMAND then you can either send vCards in the same way as with Audio 20, or you can select an option in COMAND to import the contacts. More info available here.

OP
OP
A

A-AvantGarde

MB Enthusiast
Car
More info available here.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link, that's exactly what I was looking for. I struggled to find that on the Mercedes UK site.

Cheers

Mark-E

Car
E250 cdi coupe auto BE / E220 cdi / Vito 109
I have the same problem with my e250cdi coupe. Bluetooth just gives up them comes back on sporadically. Tried 3 nokia phones now...

OP
OP
A

A-AvantGarde

MB Enthusiast
Car
I have the same problem with my e250cdi coupe. Bluetooth just gives up them comes back on sporadically. Tried 3 nokia phones now...

What type of Nokia's have you tried?

I believe our MD had it working fine with a Nokia E72...

Diesel Benz

MB Enthusiast
Car
222.132 & 213.012 & 906.633
What type of Nokia's have you tried?

I believe our MD had it working fine with a Nokia E72...

I've used an E90, N97mini, E95 and a 6220c at our W212 but it has the Audio 20 head unit, all work fine.

Mark-E

Car
E250 cdi coupe auto BE / E220 cdi / Vito 109
2nd time back at the dealers to investigate the Bluetooth dropping out. They said that after investigation there was a software update for the command unit, which they have installed. Why they didn't do that 1st time, I dunno..
Fingers crossed.
Have used several basic nokia handsets in the car, 6300 type I think - nothing too technical/ sophisticated as I just use phones for phoning.

richard

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
MY04 SL55, MY18 GLC63s
2nd time back at the dealers to investigate the Bluetooth dropping out. They said that after investigation there was a software update for the command unit, which they have installed. Why they didn't do that 1st time, I dunno..

The latest firmware update for the NTG4 unit (i.e whats in the E class) only reached dealers / authorised repairers early August - so they may not have had it yet

R

st13phil

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
Richard, do you know what issues the update addresses?

AlastairM

Car
E350 CDi Saloon 2011
I also have the problem with bluetooth dropping out (Sony Xperia X10). How do you find out which release of software is installed on the W212 COMAND? And what is the latest version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom