W212 buyers guide?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I couldn’t find anything about this online. Do you know how can I enable this feature?
It’s a hidden menu you access by holding a certain set of buttons together, it allows you to enable Bluetooth streaming on the 09 cars with COMAND (worked for me!)

It doesn’t show track info, at least for me using Spotify. It does let you skip tracks though

I find the navi excellent, same with the bluetooth telephone, furthermore the screen is pretty high resolution/clear....

Yeah, I mean almost! Secured the car with a deposit. It’s up north, I’ll collect it some time next week. 2011 S212 E250 CDI.

2011 should have the feature already turned on, but if it doesn’t give me a shout and I’ll run you through it!! :)

2011 should have the feature already turned on, but if it doesn’t give me a shout and I’ll run you through it!! :)
Thanks a lot mate. The seller says the Bluetooth works for telephone only. But I’ll make sure and get back to you.

Thanks a lot mate. The seller says the Bluetooth works for telephone only. But I’ll make sure and get back to you.

No worries pal, good luck with the new car

No worries pal, good luck with the new car
Hi, so after I travelled halfway up the country to coolect the car, I noticed the rear fender is resprayed (thanks to my coating thickness gauge)!
But it was actually good (apart from the wasted day and train ticket) because I ended up with this 2013 beauty, so no more Bluetooth troubles. I’m going to collect the car today and hopefully everything’s fine this time. There’s juts one thing, the car doesn’t have any badges on the tailgate, the dealer says it hasn’t been debadged and it was actuall ordered to come like this by its only previous owner. Is he right? Anything to worry?

Attachments

• EEB0F66C-68A7-4F5A-8B20-A927D8653C38.jpeg
    EEB0F66C-68A7-4F5A-8B20-A927D8653C38.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 27
There’s juts one thing, the car doesn’t have any badges on the tailgate, the dealer says it hasn’t been debadged and it was actuall ordered to come like this by its only previous owner. Is he right? Anything to worry?
Nothing to worry about. It's a zero cost option to have no model / engine designation badges on the car.

In the UK people tend to order the low-end models without badges so their neighbours can't tell that they're driving the poverty-spec edition ;)

Nothing to worry about. It's a zero cost option to have no model / engine designation badges on the car.

In the UK people tend to order the low-end models without badges so their neighbours can't tell that they're driving the poverty-spec edition ;)
Lol, I guess the guy was a bit of a symmetry OCD and therefore couldn’t tolerate the look! Because the car is loaded with all sorts of pricey extras, dynamic LED headlamps, airmatic suspension, walnut veneers, etc. It’s a 220CDi by the way. Do you recommend the remapping upgrade?

Sounds like a nice spec - if the headlamps are the Intelligent Light System LED's you'll love them if you do much driving at night on unlit roads.

Regarding a re-map, personally I'd drive it's as-is and see if you feel you want or need more performance first. The 220CDI performs pretty well in my experience.

Sounds like a nice spec - if the headlamps are the Intelligent Light System LED's you'll love them if you do much driving at night on unlit roads.

Regarding a re-map, personally I'd drive it's as-is and see if you feel you want or need more performance first. The 220CDI performs pretty well in my experience.
Yeah they’re intelligent LED with active high-beam assist. And you’re right, 220 should be good enough.
If the car is really “mint” as the dealer puts it, and with 88,000 miles and fmbsh and one owner from new, how much do you think it’s worth?

Yeah they’re intelligent LED with active high-beam assist. And you’re right, 220 should be good enough.
If the car is really “mint” as the dealer puts it, and with 88,000 miles and fmbsh and one owner from new, how much do you think it’s worth?

A year ago I paid £15k for a 2014 AMG Sport with 70k on it with tints and full real leather to give you some idea, this was from a Mercedes dealer.

That cars in Hull I presume?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can find out its absolute rock bottom price - put the reg in WeBuyAnyCar

A year ago I paid £15k for a 2014 AMG Sport with 70k on it with tints and full real leather to give you some idea, this was from a Mercedes dealer.

That cars in Hull I presume?

Thanks, I bought it for £11.5k I guess that’s not too bad, is it?
And the car was actually in Cardiff, not Hull. That’s the Severn bridge in the background.

Thanks, I bought it for £11.5k I guess that’s not too bad, is it?
And the car was actually in Cardiff, not Hull. That’s the Severn bridge in the background.

That’s not bad at all. Mercedes in Hull use the Humber bridge in there background it looked similar to there’s lol.

That’s a Mercedes Hull picture

24d115880897cb1465ad6f4abbcc0358.jpg

That’s a Mercedes Hull picture

24d115880897cb1465ad6f4abbcc0358.jpg

Now that I’m looking closer, it looks like it’s Humber bridge in both backgrounds. Photos are mockups though, but it’s a nice idea, improves the overall image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom