W212 centre hubcaps for alloy wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tylerdurden

Hi, my alloys have recently been refurbed by Lepsons.

Looking great but the centre hubcaps are not looking nice.

I need a recommendation on sourcing replacements.

Originals are over £60. Replica vary wildly in price and I've seen em on amazon and eBay.

Any experience? Ta

Thought I'd just bump this as it's something I've been looking into changing.

My centres are starting to go the standard milky white on the chrome star and surround, which only seems to have happened in the last month or two. I suppose I could get them replaced with originals (possibly under warranty but I somehow doubt this as it's just a cosmetic thing) but I was looking for something else as I fell that even with new ones it's just going to happen again.

Any recommendations, or is it just a case of mooching round a well known auction site?

I'm also in the same boat - will be need a set of four imminently.

I might see if EuroCarParts does something?

Great I have them on my wheels in black .. Make the wheel look 50 times better ..

Did you buy those exact ones or ones that look like that?

When ordering from ebay just be careful as I ordered some that I thought were being sent from UK but came from China and took over 4 weeks to arrive.

Hmm, I am suspicious.

They look like the style I have but if the regular price is £60 odd, I cannot see how they can do them at that price with free delivery.

Something doesn't add up.

Saying that, the feedback is pretty good.

forgive me if i'm being ignorant but £60 sounds ridiculous, i bought these from mercs brentford for under £12.

I've had a few of the silver copy ones in the past , very rarely does the silver match the OEM wheel finish , whereas the genuine ones always do.

Black is black , and copies will be fine I would guess.

The copies are not as well made as the originals , the tags snap off very easily , and the chrome star is very crudely wrapped.

Saying that , for a tenner , only purists would notice.

so are the sets i have bought in the past from mercedes not actually 'originals' either?

Don't know , I don't work for them.

They will have a part number on the back if they are originals usually , although I have seen copies with an A220 part number on them.

Are you saying that you bought 4 caps from MB Brentford for £12 , ie £3 each ?

yeh have bought quite a few sets in boxes with part numbers on, never paid more than £15 for four.

Wow !

Normally these are around £12 each from the dealers !

I paid £44.00 for the 4 black ' AMG' centre caps with chrome star from MB for when I run my winter gloss black wheels. Not much at MB for £3.00!

The originals don't tend to last too long without milking, even with extra care using PH neutral cleaners.

** mine came in sealed plastic bags with part numbers and stamped A part nos on the rear.

Last edited:
Almost 1y later thought I'd post some feedback

Purchased 4 ebay caps and was v happy with them.

1y on than a few car washed later, they are a total mess. Scuffed, mankey and awful.

In fact the 5y old ones that I removed and left in the boot look way better. These were the ones that came with the car.

My conclusion- false economy. Get genuine ones.

Only reason to get ebay ones if if your about to sell the car

I just ordered some A 171 400 00 25 5337 from Inchape for £7.94 each, I was going to post the link but the item has now disappeared from their website....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom