W212 Coding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bluestreak

Car
2015 E63
Is there a way to re-programme vehicle convenience features, such as:

- remember last driving mode
- remember last engine stop-start mode
- fold mirrors at over 30mph
- remember stability control setting, at least together with other settings on AMG button

Not able to fold mirrors for oncoming bus on tight street is quite frustrating just because of 1mph over. I hope MB included this feature in their drivers pack.

Unless it's an official MB option/modification it can't be done as files need to be downloaded from MB to do the coding.

I am hoping for something besides SCN coding, may be a hack, similar to how engine mapping is done? It has to be easier to bump speed limit on mirror button compared to changing engine timing tables!

Yes it's possible, it's done by uploading a hacked version of the ECU software via the OBDII port, but someone has to actually take the time and trouble to hack the ECU software in the first place.

It's currently available for the Stop/Start ECU ('default off' mod), see for example:

MERCEDES cars ECO start-stop OFF - just an OBD plug (most of MB cars supported) | eBay

but I doubt that anyone hacked the other ECUs you mentioned - there wouldn't be enough demand.

Your best bet is to book an hour with someone who has genuine STAR with subscription and ask them to make those configuration changes that are available for your car.

Another advantage of using STAR is that the configuration changes do not get overwritten if the ECU software is updated in future.

Oh wow! For $140 I'd expect them to teach something like cozmo press buttons while and yell out robotic obscenities at the same time.

Using Star will probably default to staple "cannot be done" answer but I'm happy to try.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom