W212 coilovers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moonshine123

Car
W202 c220 cdi
How’s it going folks hope you are all keeping well.

Have my 2011 e250 around 4/5months now and currently have 40mm springs fitted too the rear. But still toying with the idea of coilovers even though they are very expensive!

Is anyone on here running bc coilovers? They seem to be one of the cheaper coilovers kits for the w212 (£850) I know they are a decent make but what’s the ride like?

Want more lows but don’t want too loose much comfort either.

Thanks for replies in advance folks

Here’s a picture of the way it’s currently sitting

Attachments

• ECE40DA8-6E92-4A5C-9808-73C5A5498952.jpeg
    ECE40DA8-6E92-4A5C-9808-73C5A5498952.jpeg
    977 KB · Views: 12
Always a compromise , I've BC on another car , horrible around town , perfect on the open road .

Bit strange just fitting - 40mm to the rear !

Always a compromise , I've BC on another car , horrible around town , perfect on the open road .

Bit strange just fitting - 40mm to the rear !

I fitted the 40mm rears first, then realised that then the car actually sat level, so decided not too fit the 40mm fronts as then it would have been face down, ass up.

I like a car sitting level, but that’s just my personal preference!

When I first got the car completely standard it annoyed me how low the front sat compared to the rear.

Got to love these threads...

So the Mercedes suspension engineers spend x time developing and you come along with a better idea causing an imbalance .

Best thing you can do as you now want is a spring kit being H&R or Eibach , research which is the more level .

Usually cars are higher at the front
( optical illusion ) for good reason .

Got to love these threads...

So the Mercedes suspension engineers spend x time developing and you come along with a better idea causing an imbalance .

Best thing you can do as you now want is a spring kit being H&R or Eibach , research which is the more level .

Usually cars are higher at the front
( optical illusion ) for good reason .

Mercedes engineers have developed a suspension which will perform in all road conditions in the most comfortable fashion.

So someone with a c63 that may possibly take the car on track from time too time, will more than likely fit expensive coilovers. Why? Because the car would perform better on track with coilovers than it would with the standard suspension, albeit loosing some comfort for normal driving.

Why would I want another spring kit when I already have one? 40mm springs are going too lower the car 40mm whether they are eibach or ebay specials. I’m asking about coilovers not springs.

Mercedes engineers have developed a suspension which will perform in all road conditions in the most comfortable fashion.

So someone with a c63 that may possibly take the car on track from time too time, will more than likely fit expensive coilovers. Why? Because the car would perform better on track with coilovers than it would with the standard suspension, albeit loosing some comfort for normal driving.

Why would I want another spring kit when I already have one? 40mm springs are going too lower the car 40mm whether they are eibach or ebay specials. I’m asking about coilovers not springs.

That's right mate I don't know nothing about suspension...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom