W212 command retrofit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bensif

Car
2011 e350 coupe
Hi,

Took delivery of my car today. Sadly I've had a nightmare with the dealership and so far haven't enjoyed the day due to this. Purchased a late 2011 e350 coupe (265bhp model).

It has come wih audio 50 but no command despite it being listed with it. I bought it over the phone / Internet from a main dealer but they seemed to made numerous mistakes throughout the transaction.

Anyway, with the audio 50 what is required to upgrade to command? I basically want the Bluetooth audio stream function and the better screen functionality. It's all the car lacks at the moment.

Many thanks

Hi,

Took delivery of my car today. Sadly I've had a nightmare with the dealership and so far haven't enjoyed the day due to this. Purchased a late 2011 e350 coupe (265bhp model).

It has come wih audio 50 but no command despite it being listed with it. I bought it over the phone / Internet from a main dealer but they seemed to made numerous mistakes throughout the transaction.

Anyway, with the audio 50 what is required to upgrade to command? I basically want the Bluetooth audio stream function and the better screen functionality. It's all the car lacks at the moment.

Many thanks

If you bought it and it was sold as having comand then then you have a valid claim against the dealer. As you bought it sight unseen you have rights aswell.

I would return the car to them telling them you either want comand fitted as stated in the description or your money back.

email me your VIN and i'll see what can be added to get you BT audio streaming: [email protected]

Welcome.

Oddly this is not uncommon.

A friend of mine bought a VW from a delaer unseen, and when he came to collect it he realised that there were significant discrepancies between the ad and the actual car, some of them quite perplexing such as that the car was advertised as having a sun roof while it clearly had none.

Intitially they refused to acknowledge their error, and the Internet listing has already been removed by then, but luckily my friend had a copy.

Then they offered a free tank of fuel in compensation, which my friend found insulting given that it was a £25k car with missing options which he thought were worth at least a couple of thousands.

Their next move was to offer full refund, but eventually after the manager got involved my friend recieved his slightly-more-substantial discount and drove off happily(eesh).

No idea why they do this and how it is possible to get such basic things wrong.

Good luck and enjoy the car.

Hi Guys,

Don't know if this is relevant to the topic, but I purchased a 2013 W204 C Class Coupe last year, AMG Sport Plus.....SO I was expecting the lovely red seatbelts, and a decent set of tyres being conti's or something......Upon delivery I got a lovely beautiful c class coupe, but noticed no red seat belts and the most expensive set of tyres I've seen yet on a car....pirelli p-zero runflats :O I was a bit disappointed, but was told these were extra's put on by the showroom free of charge. The tyres would of cost extra as well as with the black seat belts instead of the red ones which they said to get black seat belts would cost more than to keep the standard red ones that came with the spec of the AMG Sport Plus trim level......

Anyways,

Keeping the story short, I think the dealer think they have power over us when we point these issue out, yet they tell us it would have cost extra if you wanted it, BUT that’s what the car was meant to come with in the first place!!
Thought I’d share my experiences :cool:

Here my story with my wifes W204.

She settled everything on the phone with the salesman, I took a train trip of about 2 hours. During the trip (when the salesman knew that I was already on the train) he contacted my wife and said that there wasn't any alarm installed as stated before. He said that he would fill the tank with fuel as compensation. I told her that when we fitted an alarm to our older W168 some 5-6 years back that cost about £350 then and would most likely be more expensive now so a filled tank wasn't enough to compensate for that since we would have to retrofit it. Anyhow she agreed since she had commited and really wanted the car. When I came down the car seemed ok to me but I noticed that the car wasn't 100% clean on the inside (in the trunk), they gave us a trunk mat/protection (original MB) as compensation (again no real cash/money on the price itself). A couple of days after coming home we went to a workshop that we know very well historically. He said that both brake pads in front and back were more or less worn out and needed replacing (the front immediately) and that the engine oil level was low. It has to be mentioned that we bought this car from a authorized seller and that they guaranteed that the car was in perfect shape. Anyhow, the dealer inspected the car at their offices near where we live and said that the front pads needed replacing and the oil as well but the refused to do the back pads. We agreed but knowing that there would probably come the need for a change quite soon. The car was in for regular service some weeks ago and the company sure enough said that the pads on the back needed replacing within weeks so they replaced them (cost for them was approx. £250 if I recall correctly).

Why can't people be honest and really check things properly first, especially when they KNOW that someone is coming from far away and my wife specifically said that everything as they stated in the ad and via email correspondence had to be 100% correct? The reputation that dealerships have is just confirmed by this kind of false and incorrect information. Certainly not the way I and most of us (I hope) conduct business!

Here my story with my wifes W204.

She settled everything on the phone with the salesman, I took a train trip of about 2 hours. During the trip (when the salesman knew that I was already on the train) he contacted my wife and said that there wasn't any alarm installed as stated before. He said that he would fill the tank with fuel as compensation. I told her that when we fitted an alarm to our older W168 some 5-6 years back that cost about £350 then and would most likely be more expensive now so a filled tank wasn't enough to compensate for that since we would have to retrofit it. Anyhow she agreed since she had commited and really wanted the car. When I came down the car seemed ok to me but I noticed that the car wasn't 100% clean on the inside (in the trunk), they gave us a trunk mat/protection (original MB) as compensation (again no real cash/money on the price itself). A couple of days after coming home we went to a workshop that we know very well historically. He said that both brake pads in front and back were more or less worn out and needed replacing (the front immediately) and that the engine oil level was low. It has to be mentioned that we bought this car from a authorized seller and that they guaranteed that the car was in perfect shape. Anyhow, the dealer inspected the car at their offices near where we live and said that the front pads needed replacing and the oil as well but the refused to do the back pads. We agreed but knowing that there would probably come the need for a change quite soon. The car was in for regular service some weeks ago and the company sure enough said that the pads on the back needed replacing within weeks so they replaced them (cost for them was approx. £250 if I recall correctly).

Why can't people be honest and really check things properly first, especially when they KNOW that someone is coming from far away and my wife specifically said that everything as they stated in the ad and via email correspondence had to be 100% correct? The reputation that dealerships have is just confirmed by this kind of false and incorrect information. Certainly not the way I and most of us (I hope) conduct business!

Seems to me that Mercedes being a prestigous maker sell's of misleading vehicles, I've heard this same story with other vehicle's such as BMW's and Audi's....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom