W212 coolant leak from the fuel filter housing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamesmprint

Car
E220 W212
Hi all,

I've got the coolant leak from the fuel filter housing. Got the new part and my mechanic is away but fitting in 2 weeks. ( Started to attempt the fix myself but was a bit much, was worried I wouldn't get the hoses all back on)

The leak seems to have speed up recently, probably get 2/3 days before the warning message appears.

My question is, has any used the K-Seal coolant sealer as a temporary fix? Will this impede the proper fix?

I've got a long journey next week was hoping this would get me through it.

Many Thanks all

Coolant sealer may fix your issue ,but can create problems of it own by blocking waterways inside the cylinder head.it can cause issues with the thermostat, Use with caution.

Coolant sealer may fix your issue ,but can create problems of it own by blocking waterways inside the cylinder head.it can cause issues with the thermostat, Use with caution.
Thanks for the advice, maybe I'll just carry the Bootle of coolant with me and get through the next week or so without the sealant.

Be careful if you continue to drive it and keep a watch on your temp gauge.

I had a the same issue on my W212 with a slow leak and low coolant warning and topped it up not knowing at the time about the leaking fuel filter housing gasket.

The car decided to dump all its coolant in one go when it got up to temperature and full pressure, leaving me stranded for the one and only time.

I was lucky I managed to stop before the car overheated but it was a close call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom