W212 - Cracked Headlight Lens Repair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CYPER

Car
W212 E300 Hybrid
Hi guys. So the left headlight lens cracked. PHOTOS
I found this replacement lens and messaged the seller, be he replied in broken english that it will not fit. I think it will, cause it looks the same. What do you think?
2nd option is to replace the whole headlight unit, but would rather change just the lens if possible.
I did some research and it seems that I need to remove the front bumper to remove the headlight and then either put it in the oven or use hot air gun to soften the adhesive and remove the lens. It seems it is quite tricky to do.

Any other options?

Thanks

Don't know if you saw this thread about headlamp removal: 2014 E250 W212 Headlight removal help

Looks like quite a bit of work. Though not particularly tricky imho, requires time, patience and maybe an extra pair of hands. On that basis, I wouldn't want to be installing a possibly second rate lens cover - if not OEM there's no telling what sort of quality it is and you don't want too be repeating the exercise a few months down the line.

A quick check on ebay shows that there are OE ones, so you might want to get a price from the parts dept for one of those. If a PITA to change thought a secondhand unit is an alternative option. That said, can't actual tell how bad the damage is from your picture as to whether is a real eyesore or compromises the integrity of the lens and cant be tidied up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom