W212 Drivers Seat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

r055bud

Car
E250 COUPE
Hey everyone, this problem has been bugging me for a while and hopefully somebody can help me. Have a 2013 E class coupe, drivers seat is set in position, after moving the seat forward to let passenger in the seat goes all the way back rather than the set position i had it in previously. I have tried this on the passenger front seat and seat re-positions itself to how it originally was prior to letting passenger in.

You say "set in position" do you mean you have memorised the position?

Although you don’t have memory seats, it could be worth a try to move the seat fully backwards and forwards a few times (and keep the button held in the position for a few seconds each time) for the car to re-learn the limits of travel etc.

Won’t cost you anything so has to be worth a try :)

Just like 'normalising' the windows after battery disconnect.
Good shout..

Although you don’t have memory seats, it could be worth a try to move the seat fully backwards and forwards a few times (and keep the button held in the position for a few seconds each time) for the car to re-learn the limits of travel etc.

Won’t cost you anything so has to be worth a try :)

Cheers. I will try this out. When I got the car 3 months ago it happened. Then it worked and seat went back to set position then it suddenly stopped.

So I tried to move seat fully back and forward. Open the driver seat and pulled forward etc. Still goes all the way back.

Apart from getting the codes read via STAR there's not much else to suggest?

Apart from getting the codes read via STAR there's not much else to suggest?

The seat moves manually, so no electronics involved so don't see that star would say anything.

The seat moves manually, so no electronics involved so don't see that star would say anything.
If it's manual don't move it manually too far back!!
You said you tried the process in post #4, how if you don't have electric seats??

Hey sorry for late reply, but i have tried lifting the level under seat and sliding backwards and forwards several times. But still getting the issue of seat going all the way back once i let the rear passenger in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom