W212 Drove a car with below minimum before noticing :o

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

xcamronx

Car
w215
Hey,so on w212 e250 2.2 150kw oil was leaking through several places as oil filter and gap was damaged.Anyway I didnt check by myself too much,drove to some known mechanics but it was Christmas,some other people mentioned some pipes below might be leaking,so for some magic reason everyone looked under,not just its a freaking oil lid broken and filter sealing had to be replaced,it was vacation so it stayed like this.It was giving me "check oil levels when you refuel" for like 2 weeks maybe.I checked one time refueling it was half full,I knew engine hot so it shows a little bit more but I was like it has to be safe at cold level too.Anyway I was out of country for a week,came back and started investigating whats wrong,finally when I checked cold engine it was in the middle of below MINIMUM dipstick.Do you think that could have caused any problems? Really funny thing today I started cold engine,pushed accelerator and car barely move I was like WTF.Then it just drove ok after 30 seconds or so,it didnt last long but you push the pedal and it barely moves.So now im thinking,did I mess up something with the oil thing or I just got a new problem.Or engine gonna fail sometime soon at all lol.....I dont understand tho one thing,its my first merc,but why the heck dont you write - ENGINE OIL LEVELS ARE LOW! but just - check oil level when refueling(now thinking,when you refuel your engine is warm,how dumb it has to be to write this) ,well thats what I did when refueling and on warm engine showing was quite good,I was like since its hot maybe its gonna be at quarter cold,not freaking middle of below MINIMUM! GF giving headaches and was out of country so it added up of being less cautious and extreme about it.But dang not at middle of below mid.Or it has some reserve for dumb stuff like this?

Attachments

• 79690768_10221255230669384_823587483978563584_o.jpg
    79690768_10221255230669384_823587483978563584_o.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
If your oil is low, top it up.
It shouldnt have done any damage, but have a good listen for any unusual tapping or knocking, if you hear anything get it checked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom