W212 E CLASS 2014 MAP UPDATES

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

joeward1

Car
e class
Hi all,

Hopefully someone will know but my car states that it has 3 years of free map updates, Mine hasnt been updated once. Still says 2014 maps. is there an expirey on these or was i meant to get these the following years so 2015-2016-2017?

Many thanks

Hi all,

Hopefully someone will know but my car states that it has 3 years of free map updates, Mine hasnt been updated once. Still says 2014 maps. is there an expirey on these or was i meant to get these the following years so 2015-2016-2017?

Many thanks
The previous owner(s) would have been entitled to free map updates during the warranty period but only if they asked for them! This is an MB scandal. Dealerships do not want to do it because it takes a long time to download them from MB and load them into the car. If you ask a dealership to update them it might cost you £200, less if you ask your local Indy to do it. Depending on the navi system that is installed in the car, you might be able to buy an SD card or USB stick containing the updates from NAVI EXPERT on eBay/Amazon. The guy there is a real expert and will tell you if he has the correct version and how to install it. I recently did exactly this and it worked like a dream. On a previous car I had my local Indy do it for £125.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom