W212 E CLASS 2014 PASSENAGER SEAT WIRING.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

joeward1

Car
e class
Hi all,

i recently had a issue with my passenager seat, Under it there is a yellow block connector with four connections. the two on ether end pull out to be replaced etc. the two center ones are fixed in place.

One of my center ones broke off, dissconnecting it. the colours on ones side are,

White and grey
Brown
yellow and red
Yellow.

these then connect to

Orange with red stripe
Brown
Black
Black with yellow stripe

When i first noticed it i tried patching the connecter back to where it had broken to try and see the colours they go into but its a very clean break and could go in any rotation so dont want to rick connecting the wrong ones.

what im asking is, does anyone know the colouring of the wires and which they connect to. And if anyone is willing with the same year and car to stick there head under the front of the seat and the rear of it to tell me the order they go in please.

Im willing to pay abit of money for this information and your time checking them for me.

Also to add, i know these are SRS squibs for airbags etc, the cars battery has been disconected and will be until its fix this. iv looked into getting a new harness but hard to find and also replacing this is a very hard job. also though about buying a whole new seat but that will come after iv tried to fix this and clear the codes with my scanner.

Many thanks

You need to get a new connector block and a new contact pin and affix it. You need the special gold plated MQS pins and as it is airbag I suggest you use the proper MQS crimping tool

Post some photos !

R

If you've broken the seat side of the wiring, you can probably just order a new loom! if you've broken the car side then above will be needed !

If you've broken the seat side of the wiring, you can probably just order a new loom! if you've broken the car side then above will be needed !
Yeah iv looked into getting a new loom but had no luck finding the right one or even how to fit it. or where to start.

i believe it would be the car side thats broken so i need to find out which wires these connect to so i can make them good, or find a new connector block from somewhere.

thanks for the reply.

Body-side loom is not going to be something you can sensibly replace.. and as you don't seem to be 100% sure that it is the car side I urge you not to bodge this it is the airbag stuff, it is safety related and as the seat moves backwards and forwards they are subject to quite a lot of movement !! New connector block / sub-blocks depending what has broken.

You are right not to get these in the wrong order and to disconnect the power, you may have an unexpected trigger (such as the seat belt tensioner

The part numbers for the connectors are most likely written on them. Axxx xxx xx xx and you need to get gold plated pins if any of the pins are damaged

Mercedes dealer is a good source for parts ...

PS, the colours you show don't match the wiring diagrams :-(
Thats the odd thing about it, they dont match and they are differnet on the drivers eat aswell as i was going to try and match them from that side.

I have the part number but not much luck...

the full label reads
MB
212 820 53 13
09.07.13, Q07
DB 5 E325 1 16

That's the seat wiring loom. £52.50 + VAT. - ask for A212 820 53 13

I'd be replacing the seat loom if the connectors are broken. Its not very difficult if you take the seat out of the car, but probably possible if you just unbolt the seat and lean it backwards

Ps, your car has pelvis airbag and the seat wiring loom has wiring for that, so I assume its in the seat. (code 291)

That's the seat wiring loom. £52.50 + VAT. - ask for A212 820 53 13

I'd be replacing the seat loom if the connectors are broken. Its not very difficult if you take the seat out of the car, but probably possible if you just unbolt the seat and lean it backwards
Hi Richard,

Dont suppose you have a link to this loom you found do you please?

Many thanks

Nope, I looked in the Mercedes dealer parts catalogue - but I've given you the part number (A212 820 53 13) so just buy it from dealer !

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom