W212 E-Class Facelift Press-Release

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Reminds me of one of them dodgy looking Geelys or Ssangyong thing

Ever car has styling that you might think they could have design it different . But overall it's a nice looking car I don't think Mercedes have ever built a really bad looking car and most other car manufacter copy ther designs weather it be styling or technology ...

I might end up liking the new E yet, who knows. I'm not in the market for a saloon or estate (that would change if the E63 4M was available in RHD) and considering the facelift coupe/cabrio will be based on the W204 internals still with a W205 around the corner there's no point (to me anyway) in going for a new cabrio. I might try and get the new rear lights to work on my E though.

eklassefacelift-jpg.14636

proper grill looks ok

sports grill looks cartoon like..

however, take away all the editing on the photoshoot pics, and looking at these, the facelift is rather bland...

I'd prefer the emblem to be hollow on the sport grille instead if it being 'plate-like'.

eklassefacelift-jpg.14636

proper grill looks ok

sports grill looks cartoon like..

however, take away all the editing on the photoshoot pics, and looking at these, the facelift is rather bland...

They both look awful.

Sure they are not pics of some Chinese clones?? :(

Oh dear, what have they done...:doh: I preferred the W212 exterior when it took over from the W211 (not the interior though) but that just looks daft.

The rear end is almost identical to a BMW and the front looks a mess.

Versions with a 'filled in' star contain the optional distronic sensor.

Thanks for the clarification on that :)...I had been wondering why some cars had the plate-like emblem...looks really tacky.

Thanks for the clarification on that :)...I had been wondering why some cars had the plate-like emblem...looks really tacky.

Works a treat though.

Look, they even do a model just for you Boss :)

Attachments

• boss.jpg
    boss.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 29
Haha the sticker!

Each part of the car, i.e. front, back, side look ok on their own but together imo it looks a mess like different bits from different cars. The design doesn't flow.

still doesnt get any better IMO
As I said before, the rear flanks look much cleaner without the ponton-style creases, but that horrible snout and snowplough spoiler kills it. From some angles it even seems to have a passing resemblance to the droopy-eyed and much unloved Ford Scorpio of the 1990's:

5648373211_c335f0a6cf_z.jpg

:crazy:

Front looks cool, but doesn't really gel with the rest of the car now. That's the trouble with big facelifts - theyve spent a lot of money on this but as they can't change the bodyside (main BIW) then it's always a challenge.

still doesnt get any better IMO

w212grossbild.jpg

W212_F5.jpg

W212_F4.jpg

W212_F3.jpg

No great, really. As already pointed out by other members, it looks so ordinary and similar to other brands (... not the best, though).

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom