w212 E Class Jacking Pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGreedy

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 CDI
Can anyone recommend or advise of the rubber jacking pads that I might need to jack up the W212 at the sills (or jack via the front pad and support at the sills using axel stands)?

Various types seem available on eBay, and I'm not sure what size I need.
If someone could post a link to a picture/amazon/eBay item that is for sale, that would be great.

Many thanks,
Mr Greedy

....Greedy by name!

greedy, by nature!

C.R.Hargreaves. 1935-1988

Powerflex of Powerflex bushes fame are doing Jacking pads, now so should be good. :)
20200219_174447.jpg 20200219_174523.jpg

Whatever you do, do not use an ice hockey puck as the car will slip off it (ask me how I know!!), use something like the powerflex one pictured above which is shaped to fit into the jacking point, just make sure it sits inside the cup of your trolley jack rather than across the top.

If you search eBay for Mercedes jack pad you will get a few options. I have one of the cheaper rubber ones that is fine with my trolley jack. Not sure how the polyurethane ones perform as they will be a bit stiffer so the fit to the jack may be a big more critical.

I ended up ordering 2x of the PF40-860 jacking pads through an official eBay distributor. The £10.95 price is excluding VAT, so just a smidge over £26 for two.
I can report they fit like a glove! Highly recommended vs. some item cut from a hockey puck on eBay for £6

Does anybody know of a custom jack pad for the W211? A hockey puck works after a fashion, and is better than nothing, but you have to be careful or it will slip...

(Quarter of an hour later) FOUND ONE! Machined from a hockey puck...

Last edited:
I bought the ones above from eBay! They're great for a jack or 4 post lift, but for most axle stands, they won't work.

Can anyone recommend any that work well with their axle stand, on a MB?

I haven't bought any axle stands yet because I usually borrow my brother's.

I've bought some single hockey pucks carved to fit Halfords axle stands that I own, and the PU jacking blocks sit nicely on that. The bottom of the puck is shaped to fit the stand. The top of the puck is flat like normal

Teddy.

Exactly, I use them on my 2 post lift.

Sorry, I could have been more specific.
If you search eBay for "rubber axle stand pads" there are loads of the type I was talking about.
Halfords axle stand pads, Hilka, Sealey, Draper, Aldi.

However, the I'm really getting nervous about getting under cars in my old age, so unless it's work that only requires a stand on one side to get a wheel off, or going on some drive on ramps that fully support the weight of the car on the wheels, I avoid it these days.

Hi these are available for Halfords axle stands

Mercedes Axle stand Pads

Looks like they also do the Jacking Pads far cheaper than the others above:

Mercedes Jack Pads

Hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom