W212 E class saloon AMG ride quality

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Distronic

Car
W204 C class
Hi, am looking at getting a w212 Bluetec E class saloon and love the AMG version as it looks great but am worried about the ride quality. My current w204 c class is an AMG and is a bit too harsh for long distance/badly maintained roads. Will the E class be like this or are they more comfortable? If it would be harsh like my c class then I'd look at getting an SE model.

By the way I'm asking about 2014-2016 facelift Bluetec E class.

Thanks!

I’ve got a W212 with AMG styling package/sports suspension on 18” wheels. The ride is great. The E class will be more comfortable than the C. :thumb:

However, if ride quality is your main concern then go for an SE with smaller wheels and more comfort orientated suspension. The Sport spec is by no means uncomfortable though. I spend a lot of time driving my W212 and it’s been great.

I’ve got a W212 with AMG styling package/sports suspension on 18” wheels. The ride is great. The E class will be more comfortable than the C. :thumb:

However, if ride quality is your main concern then go for an SE with smaller wheels and more comfort orientated suspension. The Sport spec is by no means uncomfortable though. I spend a lot of time driving my W212 and it’s been great.
Thanks that's good to know since I way prefer the AMG version. When the time comes I'll find one of each to test drive though. I don't think i'll be able to go out and do that yet though :(

Does yours have LED headlights or the standard xenons? I love full LEDs but so hard to find on the AMG ones, more common on SE models.

Does yours have LED headlights or the standard xenons? I love full LEDs but so hard to find on the AMG ones, more common on SE models
Mines Pre-Facelift so standard Xenons with automatic high beam assist which is great. I find the headlights brilliant tbh, especially the high beam assist.

The AMG will have lower profile tyres giving you less bounce on the road, a lot of uneven road surfaces is absorbed through your tyres unless they are low profile 265/35 for e.g The AMG also has stiffer springs for road performance, the CDI or SE will have softer springs and with the higher profile tyres will generally soak up any road obstacles.

Mines Pre-Facelift so standard Xenons with automatic high beam assist which is great. I find the headlights brilliant tbh, especially the high beam assist.
From my research I’ve discovered that the facelifts only have high beam assist if they have the LED headlights. Unfortunately most come with the standard half xenon half LED setup without this great feature. I’ve looked in so many places to try and find one with LEDs lol! It seems that full LEDs were more popular on the SE models than the AMGs. I thought it would have been the opposite lol

The AMG will have lower profile tyres giving you less bounce on the road, a lot of uneven road surfaces is absorbed through your tyres unless they are low profile 265/35 for e.g The AMG also has stiffer springs for road performance, the CDI or SE will have softer springs and with the higher profile tyres will generally soak up any road obstacles.
My C class has 225/45 front and 245/40rear so very rough ride as you can imagine ha ha! Anyone know what profile the AMG e class bluetecs have?

The 212 sports ride beautifully on 18s. An avantgarde on 17s will be even better.

You can fit 17" AMG style rims to the car you have in mind with complimentary higher sidewall tyres to "cushion".

I drive a W212 "AMG Line" on 18" wheels as my commuter car - covering about 20K motorway and have no regrets or issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom